Headphones for the Ctx

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the UK for the launch of the new Minelab Equinox, and decided to pick up a pair of SuperblueS from a guy named Mal.

Here is a link to his headphones for those that may be interested?

He makes them for all sorts of machines, but the best part is the customizations he can do.

I got mine made with a 2' cord on the left muff (I wear my WM10 on the left), and I ordered an additional 3' cord with a waterproof connector (for rainy days).

In fairness I've only had them out once.......maybe twice, so I don't really have a comment to make just yet.

I will say they fight tight and block out all extra noise, so if you only want to hear your targets than these could be the one.

They also have a separate volume control which I find quite good.

OP
OP
S

slick356

Feb 11, 2016
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030
Minelab Etrac
Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up buying the Killer B wasps. I was going to buy the Sun rays golds but the same guy makes both the KILLER B. and the SUN RAYS. headphones.

I registered them for the warranty as soon as I got them though.

Last edited:

Sabre2th

Greenie
Oct 16, 2017
Marshfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hearing is a very personal subject. Everyone has different sensitivities to different ranges. Older folks usually have some loss in certain freq ranges as well. Best if you can try before you buy of course, but in addition to all the normal aftermarket brands folks will recommend, quality headphones sold for music aficionados will work well too.

That's where the customization of tones on the 3030 has been very handy for me. I have bad tinnitus in the upper range that literally cancels out higher tones, hence having all of my varied tones set in lower ranges.

Also, since I can't stand anything over my ears, I bough an adapter at Radio Shack for a few bucks that lets me use my favorite set of ear buds..

chappy(IN)

Feb 14, 2017
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my Mal's SurFFoneS in this week. I tried them out for a while and they are very loud and very well made. They may be the best phones I ever owned. There priced around the same as the Grey Ghost amphibian.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Amphibian believer.
Had the CTX with the Amphibians working this last Nor'Easter at a RI beach and I could hear all my targets with the waves crashing right on shore and really high winds.
I wouldn't mind doing that MOD to a set for the NOX.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up buying the Killer B wasps. I was going to buy the Sun rays golds but the same guy makes both the KILLER B. and the SUN RAYS. headphones.

I registered them for the warranty as soon as I got them though.

Does your Killer B Wasp turn of the CTX's speaker when they're plugged directly into the metal detector? Main work fine when plugged into the module but don't work when plugged into the detector.

tabman

chappy(IN)

Feb 14, 2017
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman try a 1/4-inch mono to stereo adapter. That's what I use and it turns off the speaker.

OP
OP
S

slick356

Feb 11, 2016
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030
Minelab Etrac
Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never tried plugging them in directly. I really like not being connected to a detector. I can’t believe that Minelab has not made a totally cord free set of headphones like Whites has made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread