scottabe

Greenie
Aug 8, 2013
South Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Etrac, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently just purchased a CTX3030 and love it thus far. I've been digging the deepest targets and finding more coins and rings than ever before. The good news, I'm still learning and educating myself on its full potential but all-in-all its an easy machine to operate, especially having been an Etrac swinger prior.

Anyhow, I've now been on roughly 8-10 hunts with the new CTX and just started running the GPS feature, Waypoints and Findpoint features on the last few outings. Since then I haven't been as successful or even had the multiple targets I was getting used to. So I started wondering if running in GPS mode might draw the CTX power away from the depth and sensitivity.

Is that a possibility or am I just in a dry spell for targets?

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seldom use the GPS on my CTX but wouldn't think it effects the performance. Maybe you are concentrating more on that function than you are on the hunt. That's just a thought. Could very well just be a dry spell.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, it doesn't affect performance.

It will, of course, draw a bit more on the battery but not enough to matter imo. I recharge my battery after every hunt anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread