🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks. A friend of mine just bought a CTX and it will be arriving today. His first hunt with it will be on Friday when he hit some cellar holes. Can anyone offer up a good beginner program/mode/settings that I can set up for him? He has never used a minelab before, and I use an Etrac. I want to keep it simple for him so he doesn't get frustrated on his first time out. There's lots of iron around and target depth varies. Thank you in advance

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would suggest on of the pre programmed settings. But I would strongly suggest he read the CTX handbook several times and experiment in his yard all week.

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's definitely where he needs to start!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the Book "CTX 3030 Handbook" by Andy Sabisch. I also recommend you start off in stock program but I would change your user profile for each program from 50 tone to 5 tone run rest stock to begin with till you learn it.

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He’s going to be overwhelmed in a trashy site , id get some experience and then dive in the nails and iron
6" coil for sure
Let us know how it goes
BT

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
But the Book "CTX 3030 Handbook" by Andy Sabisch. I also recommend you start off in stock program but I would change your user profile for each program from 50 tone to 5 tone run rest stock to begin with till you learn it.

Totally agree with TH. Use one of the factory programs based on the area he will be hunting, and change full tone to 5 tone or even 2 tone. If he is just starting out, keep life as simple as possible for him. Have him buy Andy’s book and then start to learn and experiment with other settings and features.

Just the view from my foxhole...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread