cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Those can be hard to pin point. I try to hold most of the cable from moving while I wiggle just one part at a time to help isolate where the bad part is. sometimes it's in the plug, sometimes the socket, most often it's a break in one of the conductors just off one end or the other. Repairing it and keeping it waterproof might be hard to do short of just replacing the entire cable.

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea, it is in the cable part before the plug. I connect my detector to my side with a short bungee so the headphones have never been stretched. Now I can’t find my receipt. I am willing to pay to have them repaired from detectorpro. For now, I need to buy a back up amphibian gray ghost pair for the CTX. They are expensive. I have to try and find some preowned ones. I need to renew my charter member here so I can post a wanted add

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, it is in the cable part before the plug. I connect my detector to my side with a short bungee so the headphones have never been stretched. Now I can’t find my receipt. I am willing to pay to have them repaired from detectorpro. For now, I need to buy a back up amphibian gray ghost pair for the CTX. They are expensive. I have to try and find some preowned ones. I need to renew my charter member here so I can post a wanted add

Gcmsdad, you can post a want ad, but since your not cm only cm can reply with offers to sell. Dave at Kellyco repair can put new connector on it. Connector is about $15 and about .5 hr labor

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine