Why no audible signal on target?

Callred1975

Apr 21, 2017
Charlestown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ 7000, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Gold Monster 1000, Garrett Propointer AT, and Gold Duster drywasher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m new to the CTX and this video clip shows me sweeping my coil over a silver dime buried 7-8 inches down in my test garden. I know it’s a newly buried target, so it will read fainter than a target buried for a long time, but shouldn’t even a faint signal give some sort of audible response?

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Callred
As you have the test garden in , use it , or maybe you did.
but that’s the time to change and adjust settings and see what works . Maybe you can get it to react to the dime at that depth.
Some say that test garden objects need to be in the ground for a while and I agree with that.
Another thing , I see your in Indiana, I’m in central IL and we are dry, very dry and I will tell ya that objects are more detectable in moist ground verses the dry ground we have know.
Adjust those settings and hope for a rain��

OP
OP
Callred1975

Callred1975

Apr 21, 2017
Charlestown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ 7000, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Gold Monster 1000, Garrett Propointer AT, and Gold Duster drywasher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,you have to speed up the coil. The machine(and lots of others) have what is called “Autotune” or SAT(self adjusting threshold). Basically speaking,there has to be a SHARP enough change in what the machine is seeing for it to report it. If you are going too slow(which you are in the video) the machine does not recognize the target,as it has not seen a sharp enough change due to lack of physical speed. If you wiggle the coil very quickly over the target,I’m sure it will respond. What areas you hunt and what the conditions are(bad/good soil,lots of stuff/not a lot of stuff) will eventually dictate how you set up your machine for that site. A lot of guys have “some settings they like” and run them everywhere. That might work to some degree(I know it works to some degree) but it’s certajnly not the way to get the best performance out of the machine,or any machine. That’s why the adjustments are there. Each time you adjust anything,know WHY you are adjusting it and what you expect the outcome to be. Fiddling to fiddle is bad news,kinda like adjusting a carburetor. It is SUPER easy to go backward. Luckily,with the CTX you can just reset it and be back where you started.
To your question....make sure you’re at least at manual 18 and move the coil quicker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread