Rain water left a spot on my screen that will not come off.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No idea yet. Looking.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try "Plexus" it works great on cleaning and protecting my windshield on my Goldwing, we also use it to clean and protect the windshield on private planes...

Here's a link to their website: Plexus Plastic Cleaner

Hopes this helps ya, Take care, God Bless and HH... "D"

OP
OP
J

jparker689

Sep 3, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i was wrong. They were rain spots, but I guess the sun dried the spots and damaged the screen. How much will a new screen cost?

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JP,

Is the spot that appears to be damaged on the outside of the screen or is it behind the screen? If it's outside and just a blemish and not scratched, you may be able to use Plexus or something similar to remove the spot, but before doing anything, call ML customer support, they're really good at helping there customers, or at least from my experience they have been... "D"

P.S. After you get the screen issue resolved, you can buy universal screen protectors at Walmart for just a few bucks and cut them to fit your screen to prevent any further damage, which I thank God I bought some on the advice of a friend and it wasn't a week later that I hit the screen with my Lesche tool and fortunately only the screen protector got scratched. Take care...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread