Stuperduke

May 30, 2017
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX-4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after a long time of back and forth, I have finally decided to jump into the CTX world. I purchased one used but basically brand new and am extremely happy about its future. I will say, I did some playing this weekend with it and wow there is a lot to learn. I figured that exposing myself for a day or two to it would be good before I dive into the book Andy wrote. Now, with a few hours under the young belt. It is time to put it away and read read read. I will say that this is such an extreme difference from what I generally use, a GPX. yes, I use it for relics as well as gold. It is quite a breath of fresh air to be able to at least have a chance you can pass up a boot tack fragment at 2 feet. Anyway, would love to know of any resources you all know of to help me with my journey in understanding this beautiful machine. Thank you all in advance.

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, it’s a great machine.
Andy’s book is like the Bible for this machine, read it and read it again.
I think a test garden is a good place to see how different settings work
Start with one of the basic programs in a low trash area and get your feet wet, than start tweaking settings to your liking.
Good luck
BT

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats! Clive has a couple of books very well written. Now, I will let you know that I have Andy’s book & both of Clive’s books. I cannot concentrate long enough to get through a paragraph before I am off sidetracked on something else. It has been like that my whole life. I failed pre algebra 6 times. Now I am 48yrs old and I told my doc about this so he is going to help. Anyway, if I could have focused long enough to read about the oring in the battery housing, then maybe I would not have flooded my CTX 3 times this summer. Clive covers this oring in good detail. Check out Clive’s books. They are good!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after a long time of back and forth, I have finally decided to jump into the CTX world. I purchased one used but basically brand new and am extremely happy about its future. I will say, I did some playing this weekend with it and wow there is a lot to learn. I figured that exposing myself for a day or two to it would be good before I dive into the book Andy wrote. Now, with a few hours under the young belt. It is time to put it away and read read read. I will say that this is such an extreme difference from what I generally use, a GPX. yes, I use it for relics as well as gold. It is quite a breath of fresh air to be able to at least have a chance you can pass up a boot tack fragment at 2 feet. Anyway, would love to know of any resources you all know of to help me with my journey in understanding this beautiful machine. Thank you all in advance.

The 'Boot tack at 2 feet ' is why I wont get a GPX , I'd love to use & learn one 'GPX' but I don't have enough hard hunted Civil War Sites But ? Gold Can be found in my Area ???

A CTX is my dream machine , Ill get one someday as "You only live once".
GL learning your CTX.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the new machine!

I will admit, being a die hard ATP user and jumping into a CTX a few years ago was a bit of a challenge, but those CTX's will sniff out silver DEEP!! I still learn things with it daily and I'm never disappointed.

Best of luck!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new machine!

I will admit, being a die hard ATP user and jumping into a CTX a few years ago was a bit of a challenge, but those CTX's will sniff out silver DEEP!! I still learn things with it daily and I'm never disappointed.

Best of luck!

Agreed! The Minelab CTX 3030 is without a doubt THE BEST silver coin machine on the market! They dont call them silver suckers for nothing!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to make the ctx plunge this summer. I see comments regarding Andy's book. What is Andy's book and where do I get one?

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The 'Boot tack at 2 feet ' is why I wont get a GPX , I'd love to use & learn one 'GPX' but I don't have enough hard hunted Civil War Sites But ? Gold Can be found in my Area ???

A CTX is my dream machine , Ill get one someday as "You only live once".
GL learning your CTX.
I too am north of I-285 by a few miles. I live in Peachtree Corners. I am going to get a CTX3030 in a couple of weeks. Why? park and CW relic hunting in metro Atlanta presents a lot of challenges with tons of modern junk, pull tabs, pop tops, can slaw, bottle caps, s crew caps etc.

My 800 can id bottle caps pretty good. but not so good on the above junk.

My understanding is the CTX3030 can ID targets better than the 800. Sure hope so. Nice chunk of change for the CTX.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions