Two more CTX questions on silver drought and xChange2

bigjerryok

Sep 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice so far - really wish I'd bought Andy Sabisch's book sooner! Two more questions:

1. Been on a silver drought recently, my pals with an Explorer and a CTX are finding silver on the same site but not me. I read somewhere on Facebook that there are certain settings on the Nox that discriminate out silver (was it auto ground balance?), and I was wondering if the same was true for the CTX.

2. Loving the xChange 2 programme - it's so easy to modify settings - but I can't figure out how to notch out pixels on the main screen - sure it's something obvious but I can't get it. TIA.

Upwards and onwards - cheers, chaps!

Jerry

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave the GB off unless the ground your searching in warrants it, and Noise Cancel often.
Read Andy’s Book again , it’s all there.
I’ll have a look at X Change 2 later , it’s simple.
BT

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look on the Tube as it has some videos on Exchange 2 and what your asking. You can run any of the factory presets and find silver.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add to what was said, keep your top right of your pattern open. This is where silver dollars land, but its closed by default in some modes.

There are no settings that will make you "miss silver" unless you just block out the entire silver / copper coin area. But what you have to keep in mind is that MOST silver coins are easy to find for the CTX. Its the fringe/deep coins that take time to learn their responses. If your friend with the CTX has a lot of experience, ask him to let you see and hear his future "possible coin" iffy targets.

OP
OP
B

bigjerryok

Sep 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I think part of my problem might be swinging too quickly. As regards eliminating the pixels, you need to click on the tick and then highlight - my intuitive brain though that as you were getting rid of stuff you should be on the x, but it's actually the opposite. Duh!

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swing steady , not too fast and keep the coil parallel to the ground and overlap your passes , you’ll be finding silver in no time.
BD

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't think because others are finding silver in a particular site, that the CTX-3030 is missing it (or any detector for that matter). Finding the silver is mostly a matter of getting your coil over it!
A friend and I have been hunting this one property during the summer months together using whites DFX's . After the first season, I was scratching my head wondering why we haven't found any silver. Late in the next season, I finally found the first silver dime on the property. Literally 10 minutes later I found a second! I have now found 7 on the site, and my friend is still searching for his first silver. You first have to be over it to find it.
I have now found 3 silver coins and two silver earrings with my CTX-3030 using the stock coin program. If you get over the silver, the CTX will let you know for sure!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread