CTX Needs Repair ~ Do I send it to KellyCo? How does this work?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after about 5 years with my CTX, I have been able to deal with the external speaker not working right, but here recently its telling "Coil cannot be detected"...I go to take the coil off and the ear breaks off...

My question is...What is the process of me sending it in to have it fixed or tuned up? I know it wont be free which is fine. But i dont want to send it in and it cost me 800 bucks for whatever reason.

Can someone tell let me know the experience to expect and what to keep an eye out for?

The one good thing is that I have been able to use a new Etrac I have had sitting in the closet for a couple years...and I'm actually starting to like it more then the CTX.

Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco no longer does any repair work. call Minelab and they will set you up a repair ticket to send it to Fort Bedford for repairs, they now do Minelab repair work.

sube

Jan 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a bad coil try another .sube

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread