OP
OP
Dcoop

Dcoop

Jan 12, 2009
New Castle,DE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
as in everyone who reads this and is anywhere within Driving distance of Delaware city heh

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
Farms, especially around the old homesite, can be productive. A couple weeks ago, down here in Slower Delaware, I've found my oldest silver to date. Take a look:

Right now though it's Tick City.

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-trac ,Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dcoop, I too didnt understand what you meant by an army.
At first I thought you meant taking 50 buddies with you! lol But then you would have clarified that to the property owner when
you aked for permission. It is possible that the owner would let anyone and everyone who asked permission to hunt it.
Then again, everyone and anyoneone would have to research where the property is who owns it etc etc. So I wouldnt think you have to worry about too many other people showing up there. I have eyed a few places to hunt here in slower De. I am currently using a bountyhunter detecter but have an etrac on order. I figure I would be better off learning this machine and using it on old home sites.
But then I have to find the owner, and work up therve to ask permission.

And Yeasty! :icon_thumright: nice find way to go

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
A couple weeks ago, we hit (with permission) an old farm house (down here in Slower Delaware) which was burnt to the ground under the supervision of a local Fire Company. The only thing I came up with was a nasty looking Indian Cent and an equally nasty Wheat Cent. Well, today I decided to hit the place again but this time a lot slower and lower. There was a terrible amount of ferrous trash but, by slowing things down, the E-Trac was able to seperate a couple good things:

Both dimes were from the same hole!

De.Digger, congrats on the upcoming step up to the E-Trac! My recommendation is that you use the factory settings until you get used to the beast. Believe me, you will want to wrap the dam*ed thing around the nearest tree after the first couple hours of use but hang with it! Get the Andy Sabisch book and study it! If you have questions feel free to PM me.

Pete

Attachments

• 10C1940.JPG
    10C1940.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 10C1945_2.JPG
    10C1945_2.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 270

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-trac ,Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeasty! thanks for the advice. I'll order Andys book very soon. I ordered my etrac from Kellco, and they are on backorder. Probably about a month till I get mine. In the meantime I downloaded the etrac emulator and the US coin files. I dont know how much it will help me, but it sure cant hurt. I take it that like your machine, I have read many reviews and everyone says the same thing (about wrapping it around a tree) in the first day or so. But after learning to use it they absolutely love it. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread