Another beach restoration "coming soon"

Mentz

Aug 19, 2007
Lancaster, Pa and Ocean View, De
Detector(s) used
Minelab Elite, Minelab GT, Teknetics T2, Fisher CZ 3D and Fisher 1236 X2
Another beach restoration "coming soon"

Area will cover Fenwick Island, South Bethany, Bethany, Dewey and Rehoboth Beach. Is to start by Dec. 2010 and last to the end of summer 2011. Another $22.7 Million dollars of our tax dollars will be squandered to the sea. Guess they will be pumping the same shrapnel back in, 50 cal. bullets and casings and the artillery shrapnel that was pumped during the last several restorations. Seems the sand gets washed away by the nor'easters but the shrapnel stays on the beaches. Seems the going rte while metal detecting after each restoration is about 50 pieces of shrapnel to each coin and then 100 coins to each ring. Probably be best to just drive the few miles south to the Maryland beaches.

Bill Stoll

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2010
Milford Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac / Sun Ray X-1 Probe
Re: Another beach restoration "coming soon"

Beach replenishment is scheduled to start at the beginning of January and finish before Memorial Day weekend.
In total, Bethany and South Bethany are expected to receive 387,000 cubic yards of sand, Fenwick Island is expected to receive 282,000 cubic yards and Rehoboth Beach-Dewey Beach will get 261,000 cubic yards.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

So since I've never made a road trip to coin beach your telling me not to waste my time...lol.

NJ

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Never could see why they spent so much money to put sand on a beach for it to be washed off again at the next big storm !

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think Ill take my chances in OC especially this fall when they start tearing apart the boardwalk

Mar 12, 2008
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is that OC Maryland or OC New Jersey?

47thelement said:
I think Ill take my chances in OC especially this fall when they start tearing apart the boardwalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions