How many of us out there in DE

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Jim DE said:
Glascow .....

ahhh yeah, i used to drive by there right before the park opened. yeah ill bet there are some spots in there worth looking at. there is an old house on the property and if im not mistaken, that area is right in the path of the skirmish of cooches bridge. sound like its worth at least a preliminary hunt or two just to see what is there. i might be game for the drive up there some weekend if you are looking for company.

DETREASUREHNTR

Jun 15, 2006
Bear,DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300
I wouldn't waste your time there...I have made three trips and only found trash from the construction crews. Now,after the park opens then it may get better but right now its a mess there.I did several hunts and only found trash and an old car in the tree line there.That old house is still fenced off to the public and from the look of it always will. There will be good hunting there,just not until it opens and people lose stuff LOL

Attachments

• Cars.jpg
    Cars.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 744
  • Cars.jpg
    Cars.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 746
  • OldFord.jpg
    OldFord.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 865
OP
OP
J

Jim DE

Aug 26, 2007
Newark, DE
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Surfmaster PI Pro
Its been open for quite awhile as a bike walk and run facility but close to the parking lot is a location of yet another old property. The house there has been gone for awhile but the stone wall entrance is still there. The day i walked around there the mower crews were working and everything was open

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
bpasternak said:
Hello everyone. There is a Yahoo eGroup for metal detectorist in Delaware and surrounding areas. At this time there are 6 members. Not much activity at this time but I'm hoping to be more active in a week or two.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delawaremetaldetecting/

Feel free to join and participate.

Best,
Brian

thats pretty cool, a yahoo group for us delawarians. all i need to do now is figure out how to create an account!

Delaware_Gopher

Dec 29, 2006
New Castle, Delaware
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V & Matrix M6
hollowpointred said:
bpasternak said:
Hello everyone. There is a Yahoo eGroup for metal detectorist in Delaware and surrounding areas. At this time there are 6 members. Not much activity at this time but I'm hoping to be more active in a week or two.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delawaremetaldetecting/

Feel free to join and participate.

Best,
Brian

thats pretty cool, a yahoo group for us delawarians. all i need to do now is figure out how to create an account!

Actually, you can subscribe just to the mailing list without a Yahoo account. You just won't have access to the photo and files section.

If you would like to subscribe to the mailing list go to http://www.delcorc.org/DelawareMetalDetecting/ and follow the instructions. You will receive a confirmation email. At the bottom, click the alternative "join mailing list" option.

Best,
Brian

DETREASUREHNTR

Jun 15, 2006
Bear,DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300
That is a nice ring Brian,I may just stick to T-net I have enough places to visit a day LOL Say does anyone know if they opened up the parking lot on the North side of the Indian River inlet?

Attachments

• CoinBeachIndianRiverInlet.jpg
    CoinBeachIndianRiverInlet.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 724
  • CoinBeachIndianRiverInlet.jpg
    CoinBeachIndianRiverInlet.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 727
OP
OP
J

Jim DE

Aug 26, 2007
Newark, DE
Detector(s) used
Yes it has always been open but only the lot back by the Coast Guard Station. The old lot is gone forever due to the construction. The north side has become a surfers spot out on the sand. The jetty is still for fishing. On low tides I have worked both sides of the inlet with marginal results on the sand. Getting wet is far more productive there.

PS I agree with as few as we have MD'ing DE this site is good enough. Now a private site for spot burning among us Delawarians might have interest to me. ;)

jbs

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2007
i normally never post, but in newark there is a group of about 30 that meet every month.

OP
OP
J

Jim DE

Aug 26, 2007
Newark, DE
Detector(s) used
jbl glad you decided to post ...... 30 in northern DE is a substancial number. Are they mostly beach hunters? None of them post either? Where and when do you all meet?

jbs

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2007
we meet at the dq in newark the last wednesday every month at 7. we have a few beach hunters but mostly land hunters.
i am shocked that you all never see any of us. we have been pounding some of the mentioned spots for years.
anyone can stop by as a guest to one of our meetings.

DETREASUREHNTR

Jun 15, 2006
Bear,DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300
Jim do you water hunt then or dry/wet sand only? for me that would be the place to go after a northeaster to see what has washed in.I typically only go ankle deep as my detector isn't water proof. The last time I went down there you couldn't even pull in it was blocked off on the north side.
In response to the club in Newark I guess I didn't know because I haven't seen a website and or many people from De posting on here.I might just drop in sometime thats the one on rt.4 by rt 72 correct?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
i knew there used to be a club in Newark, but i didnt realize you guys were still around. whats it called? i would love to stop in to one of your meetings someday. im pretty sure my brother would like to as well. anyway, thanks for posting and letting us know.

jbs

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2007
we are called first state treasure hunters. its the dairy queen at 4 and marrows rd. you are all invited to attend a meeting as my guest. (joe) our next meeting is sept 26th at 7pm. hope to see you there.

OP
OP
J

Jim DE

Aug 26, 2007
Newark, DE
Detector(s) used
I do both wet and dry hunt. I wet hunt with a Surfmaster PI Pro and dry hunt with a DFX. That area has a lot of history and is called coin beach by local hunters. The surf does make it rough at times and I haven't gone once without being knocked off balance and given a seat in the sand ;)

Your club meetng place is just a few miles from me ...... You guys use the downstairs room for your meeting?

OP
OP
J

Jim DE

Aug 26, 2007
Newark, DE
Detector(s) used
Jbl I would join just to get one of those stealth/predator suits you guys must be wearing while dirt hunting up here ;) ;) ;)

I really need to get to the eye doctors ;) ;)

I hunted Iron hill Sat ........ Still the pull tab capital of DE. I figured I would find one Mr T gold necklace there left after one of their same sex activities there :) I detect with my 100lb Lab there not the place to be bent over digging a plug without hearing what is around you ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread