Dang Delaware

crypticrecon

Jun 6, 2018
Somewhere along the Delaware, Christina, and Brand
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe there isn't more action here in the DE sub-forum.

I'm a life-long resident... are you aware of the historical significance that our state possesses?
We are one of the original 13!

We have verifiable land deeds going back to the early 1600's!
Court transcriptions from the old New Castle Courthouse, Publications, Maps... I'm finding so many sites long forgotten and I just started doing this, although I have been a life long history snob. You would not believe the information I have uncovered, not just on my one site but with many others that I have found throughout Delaware.

It's as simple as firing up ArcGIS and overlaying old map layers, and BAM... you got a new site to check out.

Tattooed on Her silty skin, Delaware has Colonialism, The Revolutionary War, The War of 1812, The Civil War and heavy stuff during the Industrial Revolution/Victorian age. We have close ties to Philadelphia, which was the birthplace of our government, and the biggest city in early times. We had a Japanese prison camp here at one point on the Gov. Bacon Grounds, not to mention there is an old holding cell in the woods for the Civil War prisoners to be staged while waiting to be ferried to Fort Delaware, Pea Patch Island. One of the oldest railroads comes through our state.

Wilmington is not just "Thugs with Guns" knee high to a grasshopper ... It's also full of old dilapidated brownstones from the early 20th and older. Sure you may need an arsenal of weapons to go exploring there these days, but it could be worth your troubles. Tell the thugs you encounter that your metal detector shoots .40 cal and that you made it with a 3d printer.

At any rate, I'm trynna find others that want to get together from the area. I already have one very large and fascinating site that I will prolly be sifting through the rest of my life and I am a very healthy and active 43. If you are in the area, and you want to prove to these other treasure hunters that Delaware is where it's at, post here or PM me. Let's get together and find some treasure! I got a metal detector, tools, a 4-wheel drive Ford pickup Super-Crew Cab with nice BFG All-Terrains for the type of silty, slippery stuff we encounter off-road. I also have some very interesting sites to checkout. Get in touch with me! PA, MD you are also welcome! NJ, you gotta make a left-hand turns here, and there are no "jug handles"... plus u gotta pump your own gas. That kinda sux... Just Kidding! Love you NJ!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you have the whole state to yourself for metal detecting. You might try moving this to the Looking For A Date Forum.

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a Kent County "detectorist" and would be interested in doing a little hunting. I plan to retire from a horrible habit I have called "work" in the spring, so I've been doing a lot of research and prowling around for good spots. Give me a message and we'll se if I can work it out. Sounds like fun.

mazzaducc2003

Feb 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting permissions in our historic state is the issue....always looking for soil for my coil....let’s go out sometime!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to the ocean there. I don't have any permissions inland, however, there is a lot of farmland.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread