Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a nice offering for a catalog. Everything is covered for successful detecting anywhere. The Deteknix logos are smart. The description is a little off for it's name. "Discover From the Future" would sound better as "The Future of Discovery" or "Discovery Through Innovation" to point the term at the product. Just my 2 cents as a retire marketer"

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
What i do not understand is the built in battery .. Does that mean if the battery will go dead you can not change it ?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the Diver Pinpointer, has the built in battery. I can charge it several ways. Thru my computers USB, thru the stock charger or I can use my cell phone charger. I'm not sure about the others but I do like this new underwater PP cause of the size over my other underwater PP..Vibra probe 580. Both interfere with the Excalibur when on... the Bright yellow deteknix does have a coiled lanyard which make it easy to keep track of... And I like the on/off button on the deteknix compared to the vibra probes method of pointing up to turn off. Water is getting cold so that will be the good test for this little pin pointer..

Thanks to Froggy I have one...

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What i do not understand is the built in battery .. Does that mean if the battery will go dead you can not change it ?

Lithium Polymer batteries have a lot of advantages over the rechargeable 9V and AA Lithium offerings. They are lighter for one. A good amount of AHs are contained in a smaller, lighter and moldable package. Like cell phones. The Polymer batteries has been worked to be quite successful since the late 90s. It appears that Deteknix has read the many forums about how detectorists try to find a way to help make batteries less costly for the hunting experience. In the long run, the Li-Po is much more cost effective even if you have to eventually change out the battery itself after a thousand hours of use.

I just changed out my wifes iPhone Li-Ion battery after 3 years of use. $10. Like your Li-Ion drill, when not in use, plug it up. Smart chargers are safe and intelligent. And they charge quickly.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OK now i see that is a great idea for the battery they use .. And that will save a lot of money for no more batteries to buy .... Sort of like my iPad...

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd love one. Possibly the diver one but would like to try one out before purchase. Is pricing/costs available yet?

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is an article out by MD-Hunter that shows pricing, but I question it's showing. It shows the $649, $798 and $609 each listed between the Quest Pro, Quest Gold and Quest Diver, respectively. But that may not be correct. If you look at the final pricing, the list of those prices are between the Quest Pro package, The Quest Pro+ and the Quest Pro-. Each shows the same Quest Pro detector priced differently for each package by what it does or doesn't contain. Like wireless headphones and Pro model wired heaphones and extra coil for the Quest Pro+. The Pro- is like the Quest Pro, except with regular wired headphones and not wireless headphones.

The MD-Hunter article has misplaced the prices and it looks like they think the Quest Gold and Quest Diver has been priced. Since these 2 offerings are not out till Jan. 2016, I don't believe Deteknix has released the prices yet. This may cause confusion later, as MD-Hunter jumped the gun.

Just my analysis.

Deteknix Quest PRO, Gold, Diver. Specifications (+PRICE) | MD-Hunter Blog

Last edited:

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of curiousity, do you know where these detectors are made?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Out of curiousity, do you know where these detectors are made?
There main office is in Calif. .. And there distributor here in the USA .is ... DSCN0773.JPG

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are made in China. That being said, the company owner has been very involved in developing and testing his products before launch. Assembly, testing and quality Control is done in California. The X-Pointer Land Pinpointer has a very large following in the USA.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm all for Li-ion and Li-poly batteries since they do not hold a memory and stay charged when stored. We bought 8X EBL brand 600mAh 9V batteries and a 4 bay charger for $30. We use them in the Garrett pointer...the BH pointer....and all 3 of our BH detectors.

SS2 = 2...LSP = 1...BHGD = 2...Garrett PP = 1...BH pointer = 1....so 7 of 8 9v batteries in use if everything is being used. Probably will buy 4 more soon they are so cheap and I need more than 1 backup.

My wife and I detect roughly 10-15 hours a week each using 5 of 8 batteries. We charge them each trip so no worries. But if we bought akalines we would be replacing five 9V's every 2 weeks at the 20-30 hour mark.

So assume $1 per 9v.....that is $10 per month.....$120 per year. Let's also assume the average person keeps a detector for 5 years....that is $600 in batteries. The cost of this Quest detector.

So if this Li-Poly battery lasts 5 years...it is beyond awesome. Not only it is paying for itself with each find...it is paying for itself with battery savings.

Also...doing quick math...if you were to charge this 2000mAh battery the Quest uses from 0 to 100%......daily.....it would cost less than $3 a year. Pretty good stuff.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
One question I have is are all of the models waterproof? I know the "Diver" model is but does "All Terrain" mean the other two Quest models are waterproof as well?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the naming competition page it is good to 10ft. name competition

Curious they are not pushing that as a feature in the marketing .pdf however. Hopefully nothing has changed.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering that too. They need to be waterproof or it's a deal breaker for me... Thanks THGT!

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Facebook page for Deteknix says that the info will come later at how far the Pro and the Gold can be submerged. I don't think Jason (at Deteknix) has that info yet from R and D in China. It's clear that the Diver is 30M. And we know that like all Deteknix products it will at least be splashproof like the headphones and Land XPointer. But looking at the Pro pics, the coil plugin and rear connectors on the Quest Pro head doesn't appear to provide a waterproof seal. But at this point, I wouldn't jump to conclusions from the pics. It's better to be a little late but be right, rather than the opposite.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are all the models now available for purchase?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Quest Pro is scheduled to be released this month, the Gold and Diver will be released after the first of the year.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any actual field tests available or has anyone used one yet? Maybe they have yet to hit the market?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread