Deteknix Quest vs Deux

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those videos suc%, you would expect some kind of running commentary about the test . But no not one word.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those videos suc%, you would expect some kind of running commentary about the test . But no not one word.

It is a detector that has not even been released and has a certain "buzz" going about it. Any video will do at this point.

Very well could be he was told to zip his lips during any and all videos....

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Wave Dave still didn't get the one he won from October.

They should have named it Ghost because it isn't real.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a detector that has not even been released and has a certain "buzz" going about it. Any video will do at this point.

Very well could be he was told to zip his lips during any and all videos....
By certain buzz you mean atrocious marketing strategies and fake give away contests. Then I'm with you.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am beginning to believe that "Quest" is short hand for "Questionable"...:dontknow:

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was on youtube from a German guy (I think) and because most people aren't multilingual, they just show the actions to speak for itself. I just posted it because it's relatively new.

I expected the usual comments from someone who owns a Deus, as well as many who hate Chinese products. The video just shows that the product does exist and it does work (quite well).

Now check out this video. The guy is setting up the Quest and showing the different settings, He shows an iron nail hitting around 16. He sets the ID (disc) to 30. The nail isn't picked up. He then puts a coin right next to the nail. The coin is detected. He then puts the nail right on top of the coin. The coin is not masked what so ever as it's picked up. Impressive.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course it's not masked. Try putting that nail at five inches and that coin at nine in the ground. That would impress me. I just tested my mxt pro with a pulltab ,screw,and a rusty nail. It detected a silver coin with all three discriminated out laying on top of the coin. That test is pointless.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm impressed that I can spend $300 less than a MXT Pro to do the same thing with a Quest.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you really buy that detector right now for $300 less than an MXT Pro? I paid $675 for a new MXt All Pro, and I'm not aware of anyone who carries the Quest Pro at this moment In time. Sorry but I'm gonna have to LoL at this time.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By certain buzz you mean atrocious marketing strategies and fake give away contests. Then I'm with you.

That is why I put "buzz" in quotation marks....

That being said...I am still looking forward to what the Quest can do. Poor marketing has zero to do with this video or the detectors performance. You seem to be confusing the two.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see anything that convinces me it has good performance.Did you ?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see anything that convinces me it has good performance.Did you ?

Yes...as Phantasman pointed out...it unmasked the coin with the nail right on top of it. Many detectors priced in the 600 struggle with that test...and some even fail completely. Impressive enough for me in this early stage of information we have on it.

Depth was fairly impressive in the first video as well. The Deus chattered on some of the same target the Quest did. Seems like a decently deep machine.

Kudos to your MXT for doing things the Quest was not even attempting to in either video.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you really buy that detector right now for $300 less than an MXT Pro? I paid $675 for a new MXt All Pro, and I'm not aware of anyone who carries the Quest Pro at this moment In time. Sorry but I'm gonna have to LoL at this time.

The MXT Pro has a MSRP of $899. The Quest MSRP is $609. I'm sure discounts are available for both and sales run periodically.

If you paid $675 new for the MXT Pro, it's a deal not afforded most. Even at $649 list price the Quest (package) comes with wireless headphones, Diamond Digger, carry bag and pouch, Hat, coil cover and two arm bands standard from the manufacturer. And Deteknix has said that their dealers will have better pricing, suggesting discounts.

Each person has to do their own bottom line shopping and decide what they think is best for them.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT Pro has a MSRP of $899. The Quest MSRP is $609. I'm sure discounts are available for both and sales run periodically.

If you paid $675 new for the MXT Pro, it's a deal not afforded most. Even at $649 list price the Quest (package) comes with wireless headphones, Diamond Digger, carry bag and pouch, Hat, coil cover and two arm bands standard from the manufacturer. And Deteknix has said that their dealers will have better pricing, suggesting discounts.

Each person has to do their own bottom line shopping and decide what they think is best for them.

Thanks for the info Phantasman! I suppose I can go to their web site for this information, but do you know who the US dealers are/will be?

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info Phantasman! I suppose I can go to their web site for this information, but do you know who the US dealers are/will be?

I'm sure who ever handles the Deteknix XPointer will have the ability to handle sales for the Quest. You might want to contact dealers Big Boys Hobbies and/or Fort Bedford Metal Detectors in the dealer section of TNet for further information.

Personal comment on my part:
The two biggie dealers, Kellyco and Metaldetectors.com do not sell Deteknix products. After using the Deteknix Xpointer for almost 2 years, I would buy from dealers who offered Deteknix from the beginning and don't just jump on the bandwagon if the Quest takes off. The dealers that chose to handle Deteknix has helped promote sales that made the Quest possible. I would reward their efforts by buying from them for two reasons. One, they already have a good relationship with GoldDiggers (Deteknix distributor) and two, they saw the benefit to our hobby to take the chance and offer a great product for a great price, and aided in the growing pains in the beginning.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The only dealer on Tnet here that have Deteknix listed on it's site is..Metal Detecting Stuff ........ DSCN0827.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right Keppy, Metal Detecting Stuff already has the Quest listed to go as well as a full line of Deteknix offerings. The other two seem to offer only the XPointer.

Sorry. Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal Detecting Stuff has the Deteknix leg pouch and Diamond Digger also, I'm thinking of having both before Spring.

View attachment 1259616

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread