Deteknix Quest Pro Unboxing Overview

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Here it is guys. After seeing all the Deteknix discussions I had to get a hold of one of these machines (Which was a little difficult), but I just had to check it out.
I tried to be as unbiased as possible.
Please subscribe as it helps me to acquire new items to review as my pockets are not that deep. (Well they are, They are just full of pulltabs)
Feel free to ask me any unbiased questions and I will do my best to answer.

Link to more photos:
http://metaldetectorguy.com/index.php/metal-detectors/22-deteknix/17-deteknix-quest-pro

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there it is for better or worse....thanks for posting the video MDG. A bit of buzz over this detector...that is for sure.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice job MetalDetectorGuy! :occasion14:

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Thanks guys. I have not detected with this machine yet so not too sure how well it actually performs but I will keep you guys posted.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you so much for the excellent video, now I know what to expect....any day now? During the video, UPS stopped at my house, only to deliver some crap to my wife...Thought today would be the day...
I will be locked in on your videos, as your experience will help me understand the setup of the QPro, and the headphones...
I am a bit lost with the gain and threshold aspects, and the wireless headphones will be new to me as well...
Thank you for making the video, good job by you!

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Thank you so much for the excellent video, now I know what to expect....any day now? During the video, UPS stopped at my house, only to deliver some crap to my wife...Thought today would be the day...
I will be locked in on your videos, as your experience will help me understand the setup of the QPro, and the headphones...
I am a bit lost with the gain and threshold aspects, and the wireless headphones will be new to me as well...
Thank you for making the video, good job by you!

Thanks BigWaveDave..

Last edited:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you buy the detector from?

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always like your reviews, well done. Aside from the mentioned spelling errors I really like all the goodies and the packaging. Hmmm whats with the lcd screen, not good.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you tell or do you know if yours was assembled in Covina, CA.?

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Covina address is a small office - check it out on Google Maps street view.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Can you tell or do you know if yours was assembled in Covina, CA.?
Hey Ron, I can not say for sure as I do not really know but if I was to guess I would say China. That is just my speculation though as I have certain reasons that make me say that.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ron, I can not say for sure as I do not really know but if I was to guess I would say China. That is just my speculation though as I have certain reasons that make me say that.

Thanks! I had read that they were manufactured in China, but when released here, the final assembly would be done in Covina.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
I always like your reviews, well done. Aside from the mentioned spelling errors I really like all the goodies and the packaging. Hmmm whats with the lcd screen, not good.
Thanks! I put about 40+ hours into this video. I'll tell you what though, I thought long and hard about putting that part in about the spellings, Literally about 3 days of pondering & getting the advice of some veteran hunters before I decided I need to address the issue. I do not like to point out flaws but the first thing I did was read the manual and it kind of made me feel a little weird getting a pretty costly machine to see the spelling and grammatical issues. I hope I did not upset anyone by doing so as it's not my style but bad grammar can create a total different feel on a $700 machine before you even use it. Ya feel? Thanks again!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When Deteknix first introduced themselves to the Metal Detecting industry/hobby, there has been grammatical mistakes in their posts... Knowing that English is Deteknix' second language, and the translation from Chinese to English isn't always concise.. I give them a pass, as I'm sure their communication to other countries and their languages isn't any better. As Jason and his team settle in to their growing company, we'll see less of those spelling errors.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
When Deteknix first introduced themselves to the Metal Detecting industry/hobby, there has been grammatical mistakes in their posts... Knowing that English is Deteknix' second language, and the translation from Chinese to English isn't always concise.. I give them a pass, as I'm sure their communication to other countries and their languages isn't any better. As Jason and his team settle in to their growing company, we'll see less of those spelling errors.

I understand your point and agree Dave I just felt it needed to be addressed. I have offered to help with the copywriting need be. Not that I can spell but I know people who can ;).

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
I was informed the waterspot/bubble has been addressed and fixed on the machines.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[www.youtube.com] posted elsewhere (edited) and was not excepted over there as being impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread