Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
GUYS I think I got it stable! Somewhat. It looks like it might be a software issue. Of course you can blame me for breaking the software too. I will post a video. Tell me what you think. There seems to be a hidden menu of some sort. I do not know what it means but more fiddling and I got it stable in disrcimination mode! I was not paid by any big company to say this either. lol

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post removed. Watch the name calling if you wish to continue posting. We can agree to disagree sometimes..
Thanks

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Threats??!!? Now you REALLY have my interest!

Me too.

Is this something I /We should be aware of ?

You can PM me.
If it was a threat in a PM report it

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post removed. Watch the name calling if you wish to continue posting. We can agree to disagree sometimes..
Thanks

Can you explain to me then why its ok to post a slanderous comment against another member basically saying he has falsified his review basically calling him a cheater, and that comment remains on the thread?

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Can you explain to me then why its ok to post a slanderous comment against another member basically saying he has falsified his review basically calling him a cheater, and that comment remains on the thread?
It's all good I don't care. let people think what they want I have nothing to gain or lose. It is a Deteknix guy trying to protect the company. It is understandable. You can find him on Youtube under his nasty comment to me that mimics this one here and you can see his friends are Detekinx people. I am trying to let this go but they keep pushing me and I have no choice but to push back. The best way to finx this is to let me do what I do and review the machine. I told them I will send it back as it is taking up space and my other detectors don't want to be in the same room as it...however my video is uploading now and if I can replicate the settings again as in the video I might actually be able to detect with it.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Ok found a hidden menu by pressing the Ground Balance and the up and down arrow keys. After fiddling with the settings a bit on different hidden menu settings I got it to calm down a bit after putting my gain near 50. Also it was raining so the control box looks to be rain drop proof.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good I don't care. let people think what they want I have nothing to gain or lose. It is a Deteknix guy trying to protect the company. It is understandable. You can find him on Youtube under his nasty comment to me that mimics this one here and you can see his friends are Detekinx people. I am trying to let this go but they keep pushing me and I have no choice but to push back. The best way to finx this is to let me do what I do and review the machine. I told them I will send it back as it is taking up space and my other detectors don't want to be in the same room as it...however my video is uploading now and if I can replicate the settings again as in the video I might actually be able to detect with it.

Well it was rude of me to post that picture but it pissed me off seeing that comment, I have watched quite a few of your videos, and have never been swayed, just honest reviews and although I don't know you, I got the feeling you were just trying to help to give the detector a fair review by seeing if something could be sorted. I know you don't need anyone defending you but that comment is offensive and my post was in bad judgement, so I do apologize to the moderators and members. Ok I'm done.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Well it was rude of me to post that picture but it pissed me off seeing that comment, I have watched quite a few of your videos, and have never been swayed, just honest reviews and although I don't know you, I got the feeling you were just trying to help to give the detector a fair review by seeing if something could be sorted. I know you don't need anyone defending you but that comment is offensive and my post was in bad judgement, so I do apologize to the moderators and members. Ok I'm done.

lol it's all good. Trust me I feel your frustration I have had a rough day myself. As for trash talk that's what Youtube is for...;)

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Ok guys I am going to lay off this stuff for awhile until I can get this machine working and I am not saying this because of all the direct threats I have received from Deteknix. I just don't have time to waste editing videos for broken machines. I really want to use this machine to work regardless of all the troubles, threats and haters.

In the end it is all about metal detecting and if this machine is coming to market I would like to actually test it's performance.
It does not look like Deteknix cares about getting me a working unit as I have asked before I even released any videos and was ignored just like the contest winners and as said I was not wasting my work invested in the production. Regardless of what Nigel thinks it takes a long time.

With that being said I am looking for an electrical engineer in the South Florida area or someone that might have the expertise in getting this machine to work. I have asked Deteknix countless times for a working model even before I released the video and was completely ignored. I do however want to give this a fair review even if I have to pay for it to get it to work. If I can get it to work and can test it properly I will then give it to BigWaveDave (assuming he did not receive one yet). If you know of someone that can help repair this machine please message me I will pay out of my own pocket. Thanks.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its very unfortunate for the headache all this has caused you, but I do believe you have saved a lot of other people headaches by posting your review and mostly your experience dealing with the company.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen enough of the Quest Pro to know I'll stay with what I have. Thanks for the (painful) video, MDG. My heart goes out to your well intended efforts.

Deteknix needs to go back to the R&D department and delay production for a few months.

Or maybe include a stabilizer with each unit:
View attachment 1265006

.. or maybe a large bottle of aspirin, and/or mild tranquilizer. (Looks like you're going to need both!)

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone believe that there may be some manufactures who send a reviewer a product, it automatically means that they expect a favorable review from that individual? I would like to think that they also would want a critical report, no mater the findings. Your thoughts????

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.. or maybe a large bottle of aspirin, and/or mild tranquilizer. (Looks like you're going to need both!)

I understand both sides. MDGs frustration as one. But I'm sure Deteknix didn't take lightly to seeing their baby getting the $h!^ kicked out of it.

My comment was to say that I'll wait rather than play the guinea pig till they come off the line with a better percentage rate of success. I've seen two, One good and one bad. 50% success is not good odds for me.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Lol Thank you...My psychiatrist is putting in a prescription for me ;)

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone believe that there may be some manufactures who send a reviewer a product, it automatically means that they expect a favorable review from that individual? I would like to think that they also would want a critical report, no mater the findings. Your thoughts????

I think a legitimate manufacture would want to hear both the good and the bad from field tests!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i think they all do .. For you never see a bad write up in any treasure mag. on on any detector that has had a review . They are not going to bad mouth a free detector and could be they also get some cash . So the review they give will be a good review..

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Yes i think they all do .. For you never see a bad write up in any treasure mag. on on any detector that has had a review . They are not going to bad mouth a free detector and could be they also get some cash . So the review they give will be a good review..

I agree...I don't take cash for a good review. I will take cash to review it if anyone wants to offer some up for my work but none have yet. I warn all companies I tell it how it is, Deteknix included. I actually purchase a lot of products myself to review and then I trade them up for something else. I felt bad making the video but someone had commented saying that I had just saved them a lot of money as they were considering purchasing 2 machines. I know how long I had to save up (of clad finds) before I bought my Dual Field so that made me feel good because several hundred dollars on a new machine might not be easy to acquire for a lot of people especially if you are paying in clad.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that in the recent past a negative review was given on an import and the thread was scrubbed and videos disappeared. There must have been pressure from somewhere to get that done I would think. A bit of luck has kept this one afloat.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that in the recent past a negative review was given on an import and the thread was scrubbed and videos disappeared. There must have been pressure from somewhere to get that done I would think. A bit of luck has kept this one afloat.

Nope, we get no pressure to remove those. If it was removed it was removed because it violated a rule in some way or other.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread