Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi every friends in TN,

First off I would like to say that as a Chinese person, some of my English expressions might not be 100% accurate. I will in time get much better at expressing my thoughts.

I am the owner of Deteknix Inc. I want to say thank you for all of your support and suggestions here on TN.* I’ve been here in Southern California for almost one year now. My family and I love it here and we will plan to stay here as the Deteknix brand grows. We have created jobs and pay taxes here in United States.* Deteknix is almost 2 years old and for me, there is a long way to go and lot of lessons to learn.* We started making Pin Pointers at the very beginning. Doing business while in China was difficult. It became obvious that to give our customers great service and quality products we would have to relocate some of our operations in the USA. Deteknix is a very small company. Basically, I have been running Deteknix by myself. That includes sales, design, website, customer service, manufacturing and more.

The metal detector business is very low profile business. That is why all companies are privately owned except Minelab. The industry is relatively small in size and competition is always there. I have put most of the income made so far, back into the company so that Deteknix will always be moving forward improving it’s line of products. As with any new company there are always going to be issues that pop up. Deteknix is committed to dealing with these issues and will continue producing a quality product combined with great value for its customers. I feel that it is important that I address the negative videos recently posted on YouTube and false information posted on this forum by one of the members.

The Quest Pro sent to this member was sent in good faith to complete an honest review of the Deteknix Quest Pro. This unit was in good working order and not second hand. It appears that the reviewer attempted to open the control box to possibly remove a watermark or bubble of some sort. Skilled assemblers just like smartphones assemble the Quest Pro by hand. The internal electronics are sophisticated and the control box should never be opened in any way except by a skilled technician. The Quest Pro is designed with double-shot mold(comfortable rubbered handle), factory sealed rechargeable battery(Li Battery like smartphone), waterproof (all terrain application) , wireless headphone(comfortable) at <650USD MSRP(US market) with decent depth and recovery speed. We will bring more videos soon.Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook. It is not aimed to beat Deus or even a Etrac but I believe customers will enjoy to swing it in the field.

Communications were difficult at best with this reviewer and Deteknix has since changed its policy regarding reviewer standards and submissions. As other postings from around the world have attested to, the quality and performance of the Deteknix product is solid. Certainly not perfect and we realize this. We strive to improve our products using constructive feedback from users everywhere. The metal detecting field is filled with so many passionate and kind people.

We at Deteknix share this passion. We are here for the long run.
Thank you for reading this and again, thank you for your support.

OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Thanks Gary

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
"Said member" of this forum did give an honest review on the unit received. It sounds as if you are blaming "said reviewer" who communicated properly with you. "Said reviewer" discovered the coil to be defective and not the control box itself other than a crushed wire which only seems to have affected the distorted audio that "said reviewer" brought to your attention and not publicity. I feel that you are straight up calling "said reviewer"/member of this forum a liar and that is not cool and should be against forum policies. The reviewer is a professional and has no reason to lie about things.

If the coil was indeed defective on the unit sent to "said reviewer" then wouldn't it be wise to correct the issue and replace the coil if the reviewer was attempting to send it back for a replacement? Wouldn't that show your dedication to customer service? Wouldn't that be the best thing to do as "Said Reviewer" would then make a video saying how good the customer service was and how fast they were to fix the problem? Has the "Said Reviewer" received a replacement coil or an rma label to ship the coil back to China? Also how do you know "Said Reviewer" is not a skilled technician? One that came to the conclusion that the control box was fine and operational and that the coil is defective. If that was the case then why would you blame "said reviewer" for breaking the machine and giving an dishonest review? Didn't you comment on this reviewers video saying he had received a defective machine? If so how can he be to blame when you confirmed this?

If other reviewers received a working machine then of course they would say they have a working machine. But if "Said Reviewer" received a malfunctioning machine and one that had a water bubble in it why would Deteknix even send that machine to an unbiased/unpaid reviewer? If "Said Reviewer" was to give an honest review then he probably would of mentioned the distorted audio that he probably told you about, or he might of even mentioned how hard it was to adjust the settings without removing the machine from your arm as you can not reach the buttons correctly and you can not see the screen. He probably could of mentioned a few other things as well, but it seems to me "Said Reviewers" videos pointed out the obvious flaws that could not, not be shown. I'm probably correct to say that the "Said reviewer" even brought the flaws to your attention to correct the issues before the video went to render. I wonder if the "Said reviewer" was then treated poorly and unfairly after he had spent a lot of time producing a video for free and as the saying goes "The show must go on".

I wonder why Deteknix did not quality check the machine sent to this reviewer. It seems all Deteknix had to do was literally turn the machine on and the issues would have become obviously apparent. I also doubt the reviewer put the water bubble in the screen. Has this reviewer received a replacement coil yet to give it a proper review, or a replacement control box screen so he didn't have to show the bubble? I hear this "Said Reviewer" had ducted taped the coil wire and gotten the machine working and was contemplating releasing the video of the now working machine all duct taped up which I guess would also show that he should not be blamed for breaking the control box.

I also doubt communications were difficult with this reviewer other than for him. He is a professional and addresses issues in a professional manner.
I am also wondering if this "said reviewer" has received an apology for being called a liar and being blamed for intentionally breaking this machine publicly which is legally defamation of character.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason,

You really should not have gone there, ya kicked up a turd with that and many of us have followed this issue.

Best advice I can give is to apologize and let it go. It doesn't do anyone any good to continue, and it denigrates Treasurenet as well.

Carpdogman

Aug 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Deteknix pinpointer and it works very well. Nice to have something good at a fair price.

OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Hi metaldetectorguy,

I do have your address, phone number and you got mine personal phone number right?
Sorry I did not receive any request from you for RAM or replacement.
Would you like have a return label and sent back to us?

屏幕快照 2016-02-15 1.00.46 PM.png
Hi DeepseekerADS,
I have one metal box Garrett ADS. Nice machine, Ben Laden loves it also.

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Hi metaldetectorguy,

I do have your address, phone number and you got mine personal phone number right?
Sorry I did not receive any request from you for RAM or replacement.
Would you like have a return label and sent back to us?

View attachment 1273675
Hi DeepseekerADS,
I have one metal box Garrett ADS. Nice machine, Ben Laden loves it also.

As stated in the video these were scratches that were made after you told me to try and peel back the film that caused the bubble. There was no film and I stopped trying after it was getting all scratched up. I requested to return multiple times but was ignored. You can have this machine back or you can send out a working coil and if wanted I can give your machine a proper functioning review if you want. Either way is fine by me but it is the coil that is defective, and the bubble. I just do not want all this drama anymore and to have my name defamed as I did nothing wrong.

OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Oh really?
IMG_7981.PNG IMG_7982.PNG

OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
You already opened the box before you try to take off the screen.
The broken wire is the first message receive from you.
You also approved I always keep very close communication with you from all the beginning.
Why just tell people I did not respond your request for a RAM?
I keep very quiet does not mean I did not care our brand our customer.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Jason, just get a good coil in the mail to MDG and lets get this public maelstrom back under cover where it needs to be. Mean while get your alpha and beta testing done, so that a proper working unit can be also sent to another reviewer who also will choose to tell the truth.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason,

You really should not have gone there, ya kicked up a turd with that and many of us have followed this issue.

Best advice I can give is to apologize and let it go. It doesn't do anyone any good to continue, and it denigrates Treasurenet as well.

With all the respect I have for you, I think Jason is "in charge" and it's normal and responsible to communicate with TNET members. I am amazed to see how a "youtube detector guy" can ruin a product lunch and a start up in such manner. I make some reviews for products from time to time for almost all manufacturers and I will NEVER get in trouble like that. Product is not good? Not working? ... just send me a prepaid UPS label and that's it.

I think a lot of members have followed the story and found that things have gone too far. Even more surprising, this new member as joined several forums worldwide and massively published the same messages.

Last edited:
OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Coil is my favorite part to show.
It should be bullet-proof and elegant.
We use PU cable to be flex and won't be hard in cold winter.
Custom made cable tail protector.
Most important is the epoxy resin. We use two layers to make sure it is flexible and hard.

It did spend a little time to make people recognize it from far away.

TurboD 911.png
Quest Coil 2.png

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe both sides are sincere in reaching a solution. No rules are being broken......yet. I say let the dialogue continue, hopefully to a positive outcome.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the respect I have for you, I think Jason is "in charge" and it's normal and responsible to communicate with TNET members. I am amazed to see how a "youtube detector guy" can ruin a product lunch and a start up in such manner. I make some reviews for products from time to time for almost all manufacturers and I will NEVER get in trouble like that. Product is not good? Not working? ... just send me a prepaid UPS label and that's it.

I think a lot of members have followed the story and found that things have gone too far. Even more surprising, this new member as joined several forums worldwide and massively published the same messages.

Are you a paid employee of this company? Are you being compensated in equipment? Why are you so quick to attack anyone who doesn't like this company?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth but this should be sorted out off line and not turned into an online vendetta by either side....

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Yes we paid each other the most important thing: trust and honest.

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Yes, Really. You know it and I know it.
So you are once again accusing me of breaking this machine intentionally?
For what purpose? Lets look at this in perspective and your false claims against me. In your false accusation world I broke the wire right? So in order for me to do this I would have to open up the machine, then close the machine while pinching the wire which first off I would not do as I am smart enough to not smash a wire, and then I would have to open it up again just to discover the broken wire. Is that correct? Is that what you are saying I did? Was open the machine to attempt to fix the bubble of the defective unit then close the panel wrong and then open it up again for no reason?

Since you want to share text messages did you not also confirm that this clipped wire would not effect performance? If that is the case they how exactly does your analogy make sense even if I hypothetically broke the wire. We both know it is a ground wire and making connection and the housing is plastic and would not create a short to make the machine act in the manner it does. Am I right or am I wrong? The problem is the coil so why are we hung up on a ground wire?

Since you want to share dirty laundry publicly let's play. Guess what else I record? My phone calls. Should the good people at Treasure Net hear what you had to say about them after I told you to make things right about the contest? You remember that right? Why are you playing these games with me? According to you I am "a crab and have already ruined my reputation and no other companies will want to deal with me right?" So if that is the case my reputation is already ruined. So what is your reason to continue on with the slander if the only one left to feel the negativity is your company.

I told you what to do and I told you I can not hide the issues at hand, you then treated my rudely and I released the video, I told you how to fix it and you threatened me. I even removed all the videos and your reps then started to threaten me, so the videos went back up and remained and will until you announce I did not intentionally break your machine.

As for the return request I said that because you ignored my multiple requests publicly and privately. I have no reason to lie. Once again I am still waiting on the return label. However forget the replacement I do not care to do another review about your machine. I can instead just show how I fixed the machine with duct tape which has nothing to do with the crushed wire but a faulty coil. I do not care to engage with you anymore since you have no intentions of making things right. You and everyone else can check my personal website for feature upcoming correspondences and new upcoming videos I plan to release. Since apparently I have to prove my innocence which is why I have an electrical engineer documenting the issues of the machine. Unless you plan to announce I had no wrongdoing in this matter with an apology and quit defaming my character. As you are the one who should be concerned with Defamation consult with your attorney on that one as I have done with mine as everything I have said has been factual information. I wish you the best in your endeavor.
DeteknixWireText.jpg ConfidentFix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions