Does the Quest have a pulse?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last I heard is that they are being sued by Teknetics for patent violations. The Quest is just a T2 in a different package since they used the same programming.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahhh, yes I have seen it said that deteknix stole the T2. That makes sense why it's crickets for the quest.

I wasn't considering one, just observing the silence.

Thank you Loco.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If the Quest is just a T2 why do some say the Quest does not work good , and the T2 is great ?????

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the Quest is just a T2 why do some say the Quest does not work good , and the T2 is great ?????

The 1st review I saw was of the guy who rode his bike to the horse stable to try it out. He beat his against a pole to tear it up. A couple wires were pinched during the assembly at the factory which showed that their quality control was lacking, so it did not work as good as the T2. Keppy it's just like the Chinese T2 knockoffs are crap also, but the T2's made by Teknetics are still good machines and made better by the price drop to $499.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The video was made by Metaldetectorguy and was one of the best reviews I've seen for any new product. Laughed my butt off.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did get a deteknix wireless head phone kit for Christmas and am pleased with it's performance. The only shortfall is their charge only lasts for 6 hours. This would have been more of an issue when I first started to swing the coil. I was hooked and hunted 8 to 10 hours a day on the weekends. Now 3 years into the obsession I am good with a 6 hour hunt.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did get a deteknix wireless head phone kit for Christmas and am pleased with it's performance. The only shortfall is their charge only lasts for 6 hours. This would have been more of an issue when I first started to swing the coil. I was hooked and hunted 8 to 10 hours a day on the weekends. Now 3 years into the obsession I am good with a 6 hour hunt.

Funny you say that Loco....TheHuntress and I were just talking about how we are going to start packing lunches this hunting season so we can stay out longer. Was looking at this one but both of us feel 6 hours won't cut it. The 30 hour one from "the other guys" seems a winner.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to know on the wireless. Most times I will do 6 hours before lunch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread