Quest Q20

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used
USING-Tesoro DeLeon, Vaquero, Compadre

OWNED-Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites Classic II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone here in the states have one of these? Love some feed back from some who HAS one.
Wife and I do mostly tot lots and we have tesoros.I wanted to get her something with a vdi. i liked everything about this. The over seas videos were all good. Just don't hear much about them here in the states.

IP66 Waterproof Protection
Intuitive Operation System
Built-in USB Rechargeable Li Battery
Optimized Saltwater Performance
Light Weight Headphones
Light and Balanced Weight
Ergonomic Adjustable Handle
Fast Release Cam-Lock, 3 Section Rods
Deep Penetration TurboD Coil
Fit Left or Right Hand Operation

Smoking deal on Amazon for this. $209 for that price I got one for her to try out. I think she is going to love it better then here beep dig compadre she is using now. If it impresses me, I may get the Q40 for myself.

71AtnswEhOL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many of us remember when they rolled out their 1st machine, before being sued by Teknetics. The quality just wasn't there, they came to the market too fast. One reviewer I watched trashed the machine on his first hunt like a rock star with a guitar. It was very erratic and he came to find out the coil wires were crimped and shorting from the manufacturer. BigWavedave won one back then and it is just a closet queen.

For the price of the Q20 I think it may be a great starter machine which might earn some manufacturer loyalty and begin to build a successful line of machines at a lower price point.

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of us remember when they rolled out their 1st machine, before being sued by Teknetics. The quality just wasn't there, they came to the market too fast. One reviewer I watched trashed the machine on his first hunt like a rock star with a guitar. It was very erratic and he came to find out the coil wires were crimped and shorting from the manufacturer. BigWavedave won one back then and it is just a closet queen.

For the price of the Q20 I think it may be a great starter machine which might earn some manufacturer loyalty and begin to build a successful line of machines at a lower price point.

Ya how long ago was that review? I received it yesterday and am very impressed with the build quality. I does so much for the price. It's still hard winter where I am and it will be sometime before I am able to get out and really try it out. But I played around with air testing it. First i did the Compadre here are the results.

compadre:
mans wedding ring 7"
Nickel, Zinc penny and quarter 6"
Dime and copper penny 5"

Q20:
Zinc 5.5"
copper penny and dime 6"
nickel and quarter 6.5"
mans wedding ring 7"

Id say depth wise they are on par with each other. Will know better when the ground thaws.

While I was setup I air tested my Tesoro DeLeon. Love this rig.

DeLeon:
Mans wedding ring 9"
Quarter 10.5"
copper penny 8"
Zinc 8.5"
Nickel 7"

I really want to add a equinox 600 to my collection.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The roll out was in early 2016. My old F2 will beat the Q20 in depth by looking at your results.

OP
OP
W

woodknack

Feb 2, 2015
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was setup in jewelry mode. In all metal it will go deeper. This has WAY more features then the F2. I think they have revamped since there first into in 2016. New software and control boards. For $200 you will not find a detector with more options. The BIG one is ground balance. This has auto and manual. Not to say a bunch more settings low dollar detector do not have.

Really hard to believe no one in the usa on this forum other than me it seems does not have one.

yammy

May 19, 2019
West Sussex, UK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Golden Mask One 15 kHz, Whites DFX300mm, Quest Q40, Nokta Impact, Makro Racer.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
woodnack, any more thoughts on the Q20? It is one of the detectors on my short list at the moment along with the Q40.

There is a fair bit of info about these detectors over this side of the pond (UK) but not as much as I would have thought by now.

Going by just the spec they seem to be much better than anything else for the money but of course spec doesn't tell you what they are like out there on the ground.

My use will be a mix of beach and inland but mostly beach for now as I live near the coast.

I am looking to buy two detectors, one for me and one for my wife. I have experience detecting back in the 90's and spent a couple of years using the Tesoro Silver Sabre, Gold Sabre and Laser B3 but my wife has never used a detector before so I want something easy to use but not lacking in features...and not costing a fortune either!

Would be interested to hear how you got on with the Q20 and if you bought a Q40 for yourself?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread