Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT All Pro, Whites Treasuremaster, Fisher F5,
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Greetings all. I got back into detecting a couple of years ago after being away many years, and got right back out due to other life commitments. So here I am back again and I hope for good. After absorbing all I could about every make/model of machine on the market, I finally decided on a Quest Q40. It appears as if it had everything I was looking for without being overly complicated and seemingly full featured. Everything I read about this model seemed to be favorable so one is now on the big brown truck headed my way. Anyone else running a Q40?

donrooker56

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one the end of last summer. It was doing pretty well, I was still learning and playing with it when work and family started to get busy. Ground is thawing now, can’t wait to pick up where I left off.

It’s not a depth monster but it does pretty well. I was getting lots of bottle caps reading as coins but that a DD for you. Only two significant finds were an 1886 Indian head and a 1918 Wheaton.

Let me know what you think and how it does for you.

JavaJoe

May 7, 2021
Florida
Detector(s) used
Quest Q40
Quest X10
Dr.Otek MT/XR
Garrett ace 250,
BH Lone Star,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you like your Q40 so far since you have had it ??? I just ordered a Q40 for myself and an X10 for my wife yesterday 5/8/21 and they are both supposed to be here this week some time. We both can't wait to try them out. Here in Florida Volusia county, it says M/D is allowed on the beach but not in any parks or historical places. but that's cool my wife and I are satisfied with detecting the beaches around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread