Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
My entry was ..." I have no idea what i am doing " It seemed to much involved to bother with for me .... So you see my entry was short ... I do not like or read long post's and i do not make long post's...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I think i should have won with my entry ........ "I have no idea what i am doing "...... It is short and to the point.... Not long and drawn out...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Bad taste, bad taste, bad taste.

An honorable business would never renege, especially when many went above and beyond to support the effort.

I'll edit this post!

Ain't no way I would ever purchase a product from a company which betrays their followers. Lack a integrity tends to be expansive to all areas of a company's structure. Kinda like that new 1971 Chevy Vega when they terminated my warranty when it needed constant repairs.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were logged in today, but there have been no explanation or apologies.

Just checked and deteknix was just on a little bit ago. It would go along way to their benefit to explain what is going on!

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Just checked and deteknix was just on a little bit ago. It would go along way to their benefit to explain what is going on!

No reply IS a reply.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, well it's been 3 days since the "contest" ended but no winners announced. First they removed the grand prize from the contest, and now no winners announced at all?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sounds like a company that went out of business

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes holidays cause delays.

I say if you joined in the contest you have a right to complain, if you haven't,
then
your just wasting space in these threads.

of course if you have joined in and feel impatient. send them a pm or email
explaining your concerns.

this is what I'd do. "IF" I had a leg in this

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holidays or not I think the company has pretty much sealed it's fate through its actions here or lack of. You post up a contest to help bring attention to your company, you then have a responsibilty to not only abide by your own rules and not penalize those who went above and beyond to give exposure and then competely ignore the deadline, take away the main prizes and don't update those who participated pretty much sets the stage for the companies business ethics.

I will not kiss anyones butt just to win a prize or grovel. I did my best trying to keep their name exposed throughout the forum and this is the appreciation you get.

This could have been a really good opportunity for Deteknix when trying to bring a product amongst so many great companies because I don't care how good a product is, personally I care about customer service, selling is easy, keeping you coming back is the goal. Very soured by the whole thing.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I disagree Jeff
As a buyer of detecting equipment I have a vested interest in a companies dealings whether I was in contest or not

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all have been wrong before so lets give this a little time. It is sooooo hard starting a new business now days. Lets hope that things will work out.

OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry for the delay.

Thank you all friends who watched or joined in this contest.
Yes the result is way too far from our expectation. Seems not much people interested in this.
We will still sent out prize except the Quest Pro.
Happy New Year.

Jason(Maoquan)

OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Happy new year! :occasion14:
I'd like to share more information about Deteknix company and myself. As many detectorists may know I moved my family and company from Shenzhen city to South California end of 2014.
Everything to the family and company is brand new which is very exciting for me. The way of rent a office is different, the tax system even the trash service payment is different. Anyway we survived.:hello2: Not much foreigners doing the samething like us.

OK. The truth is I tried to hire a qualified staff to take care of customer service including forum management but two employees resigned just after one month one by one. Seems young people are not interested in metal detecting. The good thing is I learned lessen right? So we start the recruiting program again on internet. Hope we can find the correct people oon.

United States is great. Three of my kids love to stay here. So my wife and I decided to start live in CA. No matter how tough the business will be, we will keep learning and working harder.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did you pull back grand prize after advertising it on TreasureNet...?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dangling a prize to hype your products so you profit and then pulling out of the deal does not get a company any brownie points in the United States. You should have ate the couple hundred bucks it cost to make it and made good on your deal.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh that explains it!
Maybe they haven't got one working yet?

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy new year! :occasion14:
I'd like to share more information about Deteknix company and myself. As many detectorists may know I moved my family and company from Shenzhen city to South California end of 2014.
Everything to the family and company is brand new which is very exciting for me. The way of rent a office is different, the tax system even the trash service payment is different. Anyway we survived.:hello2: Not much foreigners doing the samething like us.

OK. The truth is I tried to hire a qualified staff to take care of customer service including forum management but two employees resigned just after one month one by one. Seems young people are not interested in metal detecting. The good thing is I learned lessen right? So we start the recruiting program again on internet. Hope we can find the correct people oon.

United States is great. Three of my kids love to stay here. So my wife and I decided to start live in CA. No matter how tough the business will be, we will keep learning and working harder.

I'm not even sure where to begin. To me, a new company behaving this way is both disturbing and disappointing on so many levels.

As a fellow business owner, I see this whole promotion episode as a huge avoidable blunder by Deteknix - one that it will probably not recover from anytime soon.
The only way to even start the recovery is to make good on your promotion - otherwise, it will hang around the company's neck like an albatross.

Having read your excuses here, I can't help but wonder if your customer service staff resigned because perhaps you treated them the same way you did your contest winners?
Maybe it has nothing to do with youth, or an interest in metal detecting? I'm not even sure one needs to know anything about metal detecting in order to be an excellent customer service agent!!! The evidence at hand suggests that Deteknix simply is not an honorable company. I wouldn't work for it either.

I do hope you keep an accurate accounting of the money, time and effort to replace your customer service personnel.
You can then add these costs to the very real damage already inflicted on Deteknix' goodwill and lost future sales.

As Deteknix's owner, it is only when those costs are great enough to get your attention that this cycle of disappointment will end.
Of course, that's assuming Deteknix doesn't go out of business first.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy new year!

You should start by honoring your word. THAT is "good business", and you've only harmed your company's reputation in order to save yourself a few dollars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread