Deus scores silver today !!!

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a great group hunt today with Robo99 and his son Zach, Martin_V3i, Tripperman79, his Dad Polecat and rem from the Friendly forum. We went to a park in a nearby town that also has a Jr. High school and a Elementary school within walking distance. We started early to try and beat the heat and it was okay for a while then the sun took over and it was too hot even in the shade !! I was really excited to see everyone and excited to get some comparative feedback on the new XP Deus. I had a nice clad day netting 12 quarters, 12 dimes, 7 nickels, and 41 pennys. The greatest find of the day though was a 1954 Washington quarter which is the first one that I have found since getting the Deus a couple of weeks ago. It was especially interesting because all of the guys except Robo99 were in one area of the park and they had found a deep target hitting as a quarter sometimes and they had dug but could not find it. They ask me to come over with the Deus and see what I thought. I went to the spot they had been digging and got a 91, 92 signal mixed in with a 95 and a 97. I told them that I could get the quarter signal but that I was also getting trash signals. I flipped over to 4Khz and made a pass or two and got a nice 82 each time I made a pass over the hole. I started cocentrating on the 82 and narrowed it down to about 2 inches to the right of their previous dig. I tod them that I think they were getting the signal but missed the target. It was showing deep so I dug down about 8 inches and out popped the silver quarter and a bottle cap from the area they were digging. I thought that it was so cool how by switching frequencies that the Deus was able to find what the CTX, the V3i, and the Garrett 350 could not. Do I have to say that I love this detector? All in all it was a close to perfect day with a great group of guys.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations in your hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I hope to experience the same feeling since I just got a new XP Deus yesterday. My ETrac is good about finding stuff in trashy holes, but I understand the Desu is even better!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions