Got the Deus Smokin Now!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the Deus Smoki'n Now!

I called XP and talked to a tech,about my V3.1 program. He gave me some tips on how to improve my performance!:thumbsup: First don't use the NORM ID feature. I thought that it would keep the TID numbers all the same in every program (the manual isn't very clear about this feature?) It has to be entered into each program you are using,factory,or custom. It also makes the TID read like you are running at the program 18kHz (the gold program) The TID numbers are so close together it really makes separating them by sound hard, A nickel rings up at 61,a dime at 91,and a quarter at 91-2. A simple solution is to run at 12kHz,in your moneyshooting programs,and the readings are,nickel 55,dime 88,and quarter 92! A copper penny (pre1983) will ring up at 88,same as a clad dime,but a zinclon will ring up at 87-6. Also never run the DISC above 10! This is about as high as you want it,without a loss to depth,and performance. You can notch out anything you want with NO loss of performance!:thumbsup: I've noticed a bottle cap rings in at 92,the same as a quarter,but if you wiggle your coil and pull it backwards,when the signal quits on a bottle cap it has a "crackling sound" and the TID number falls off. On a quarter the numbers stay the same,and there is no crackling sound as the signal breaks off!:thumbsup: Went out today and hunted for two hours before it got hot. I hit coin after coin,anywhere from 2 inches to 9 inches depth,and the best thing was I didn't dig any bottle caps.:thumbsup: Just one tiny piece of foil that gave out a dime/penny reading! This detector is "Smoki'n"!:coins:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called XP and talked to a tech,about my V3.1 program. He gave me some tips on how to improve my performance!:thumbsup: First don't use the NORM ID feature. I thought that it would keep the TID numbers all the same in every program (the manual isn't very clear about this feature?) It has to be entered into each program you are using,factory,or custom. It also makes the TID read like you are running at the program 18kHz (the gold program) The TID numbers are so close together it really makes separating them by sound hard, A nickel rings up at 61,a dime at 91,and a quarter at 91-2. A simple solution is to run at 12kHz,in your moneyshooting programs,and the readings are,nickel 55,dime 88,and quarter 92! A copper penny (pre1983) will ring up at 88,same as a clad dime,but a zinclon will ring up at 87-6. Also never run the DISC above 10! This is about as high as you want it,without a loss to depth,and performance. You can notch out anything you want with NO loss of performance!:thumbsup: I've noticed a bottle cap rings in at 92,the same as a quarter,but if you wiggle your coil and pull it backwards,when the signal quits on a bottle cap it has a "crackling sound" and the TID number falls off. On a quarter the numbers stay the same,and there is no crackling sound as the signal breaks off!:thumbsup: Went out today and hunted for two hours before it got hot. I hit coin after coin,anywhere from 2 inches to 9 inches depth,and the best thing was I didn't dig any bottle caps.:thumbsup: Just one tiny piece of foil that gave out a dime/penny reading! This detector is "Smoki'n"!:coins:

Nice info glad u got urs cleared up took mine out today such a fun machine im still speechless on the performance it has being so lite standing next to my v3i it looks like a baby definetly a sleeper so far i think my deepest was a penny @ 9", agree to on u can definetly tell a bottle cap from a coin im workin on the pull tab getting there half way through it gets a tone break pretty cool I think I got mine on 7.8khz seems pretty good ill try it 12, tomorrow my disc right at 4 adjusted from deus fast

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll tell ya something else I was told by the tech, was to null out (sound,and notch out the iron range! Today I found a lot of coins under,or beside nails,scrap metal,ect. It doesn't make any difference,if you hear the coin,and dig down and find a nail,ect. just keep looking for the coin it's there! That's one less sound to separate in the mix,and you will hear the coin,no matter what else is down there with it!:thumbsup: I got a crazy signal today,and dug 2 quarters,one dime,and three penny's out of the same hole!:laughing7:

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mother Hubbards Cupboard! You guys aren't making it easy for me to NOT spend money!

Every time I talk myself out of getting one...I read these!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mother Hubbards Cupboard! You guys aren't making it easy for me to NOT spend money!

fella you wouldn't be unhappy with it! I've never seen a machine that can be made to do exactly what you want it to,and once you catch on to it,it's a piece of cake to program! If I can do it,ANYONE can do it!:laughing7: You can set it up to perform exactly like you want. The places I have ran it at are all places I'd hit pretty hard,and more than once. I can't believe how many more coins I'm finding with it. It really goes deep,and seperates the good stuff from the junk like the 5X8 coil,but deeper. The 9 inch DD coil is great at good target SEPARATION,and COVERAGE. The recovery speed is just plain nuts. You can't swing it too fast!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lol ya rk is right its a crazy crazy machine besides all the other great things I finaly took the deus into the Woods & wow no wires to get caught on twigs nothing u can fold it up carry it or throw it in just about any backpack its like carring a drink no harder then that. I got no clue what u Drive but I noticed to like I hate breaking down my detector my Atpro fits in my trunk on a angle the v3i ehh dont like it in the trunk so back seat it goes the deus anywhere front seat floor or even on the floor in the backseat anywhere u want to put it it fits

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your welcome!:thumbsup: The Deus is like nothing you have ever used before. I've been going out mornings since it's got hot here,and it's so easy to transport,and use,it put's the fun back into detecting! No more tired arms,or sholders,it sucks up coins like a fat kid grabbing candy in a store!:laughing7:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your welcome!:thumbsup: The Deus is like nothing you have ever used before. I've been going out mornings since it's got hot here,and it's so easy to transport,and use,it put's the fun back into detecting! No more tired arms,or sholders,it sucks up coins like a fat kid grabbing candy in a store!:laughing7:

Hahaha its true its great just fold it up sita next to me on charge till I get there I took it out this mornin to rest área never been to one bfor but figured hey people stop all the time eat play get out of the car for a while ya know cleaned that place out enough that bought me lunch today lol threw disc up to 6 sens 91, 5 tone, on frequency 4, iron a@ 3 couple other tweeks this was done on program 9 Basic 2 only got fooled one time & it was a house key hahaha things a killer machine

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hahaha its true its great just fold it up sita next to me on charge till I get there I took it out this mornin to rest área never been to one bfor but figured hey people stop all the time eat play get out of the car for a while ya know cleaned that place out enough that bought me lunch today lol threw disc up to 6 sens 91, 5 tone, on frequency 4, iron a@ 3 couple other tweeks this was done on program 9 Basic 2 only got fooled one time & it was a house key hahaha things a killer machine
Yes it is!:thumbsup: If it could just learn to swim:dontknow:,but XP is working on that right now!:occasion14:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great advice! I use as little descrim as possible. The less the better the machine seems to run for me. I just turn down the iron audio. Sure is nice to know what is down there in the trash! ;)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great advice! I use as little descrim as possible. The less the better the machine seems to run for me. I just turn down the iron audio. Sure is nice to know what is down there in the trash! ;)

Agreed its a great machine for this crazy weather to being nice & lite

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,if ya can hear the coin it's down there!:thumbsup:No matter what else is there too!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I had a working 9"!

I bet it won't be long,before you have it!!:thumbsup:

Wouldn't be to sure looking at the package tracking. All it needed to do is go east and a little south (from Wis to Mass). BUT...it went west (Min), then south & more west (KS). Well it's at least in Kansas City MO instead of Kansas City KS now. So I guess it's headed east! LOL

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wouldn't be to sure looking at the package tracking. All it needed to do is go east and a little south (from Wis to Mass). BUT...it went west (Min), then south & more west (KS). Well it's at least in Kansas City MO instead of Kansas City KS now. So I guess it's headed east! LOL
Yeah,they use the "pinball" effect when shipping a package!:laughing7: They fly it over you at least 2 times,then head west,or east,then back to you!:thumbsup: Then they wonder why their overhead is so high!:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread