XP DEUS AND CTX 3030 COMPARISON VIDEO

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first 38sec were painful! The rest was pretty good. Nice comparison.

OP
OP
P

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first 38sec were painful! The rest was pretty good. Nice comparison.

I try to change between rock and hip hop on my videos to appease everyone!! Lol that's funny though

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice vids Man im glad we r starting to c more vids in América on the deus not knockin the foreign ones I watch them to its just I dont know what the people r saying just watch the finds & listen to the detector lol keep em coming. Soon I know i been saying it for a bit I got vids to on the Atpro,v3i & deus some in comparisons but havent posted I need help editing them I think

OP
OP
P

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice vids Man im glad we r starting to c more vids in América on the deus not knockin the foreign ones I watch them to its just I dont know what the people r saying just watch the finds & listen to the detector lol keep em coming. Soon I know i been saying it for a bit I got vids to on the Atpro,v3i & deus some in comparisons but havent posted I need help editing them I think

Ill pm you my number and help if I can call me tomorrow!!!

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just watched ur other vids and i got the movie editor on my laptop i apreciate the advice i just subed ur youtube im on there as NewEnglandTreasure just so u know

OP
OP
P

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just watched ur other vids and i got the movie editor on my laptop i apreciate the advice i just subed ur youtube im on there as NewEnglandTreasure just so u know

Alright christooo thanks a lot if u need help u have my number

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good video but with a few easy tweaks the CTX 3030 would really impress you. Target trace would have shown you all those targets on the screen plus you could of heard them all! ;)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad. I thought the Deus was only picking up 4 or 3 of the target in the 5 target line test. With the CTX-3030 there is a lot you can do to get better results. Run the noise cancel and ground balance. Also Fast on and deep off. One point is an in ground test may be very different.

I would run the standard coil with any test as this is the way you will usually detect.

I would love to test drive the Deus. I was surprised that the AT pro did not do better.

Does anyone have any suggestions for setting up the Deus or AT pro to do better in this test?

Ed D.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not bad. I thought the Deus was only picking up 4 or 3 of the target in the 5 target line test. With the CTX-3030 there is a lot you can do to get better results. Run the noise cancel and ground balance. Also Fast on and deep off. One point is an in ground test may be very different.

I would run the standard coil with any test as this is the way you will usually detect.

I would love to test drive the Deus. I was surprised that the AT pro did not do better.

Does anyone have any suggestions for setting up the Deus or AT pro to do better in this test?

Ed D.

Fast on degrades the audio and makes the #'s not as stable. I do not ever use it. A slower swing speed for me is a much better option than turning it on. With a more open screen like Gone Huntings CTX program it makes all the difference in the world. If it works for you then it works. Glad to know someone likes it.

Try playing with lower reactivity speed and less discrimination on the XP Deus works wonders. No "set" program is perfect for every situation. Start with a base program and learn the machine. Once you do then you can adjust it to your area. I find I may change things several times a day to compensate for the areas surrounding and trash level. Sometimes 50 feet the environment can drastically change. Nothing huge but small tweaks here and there.

Hope that helps.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutly correct

OP
OP
P

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fast on degrades the audio and makes the #'s not as stable. I do not ever use it. A slower swing speed for me is a much better option than turning it on. With a more open screen like Gone Huntings CTX program it makes all the difference in the world. If it works for you then it works. Glad to know someone likes it.

Try playing with lower reactivity speed and less discrimination on the XP Deus works wonders. No "set" program is perfect for every situation. Start with a base program and learn the machine. Once you do then you can adjust it to your area. I find I may change things several times a day to compensate for the areas surrounding and trash level. Sometimes 50 feet the environment can drastically change. Nothing huge but small tweaks here and there.

Hope that helps.

I run GH's program well not exact but very similar with a wide open screen fast off deep off! I just wanted to show everyone what these two would do outta the box in basically factory presets! Everyone that compares is always depth depth depth, ill trade a little depth anyway for a stable machine with a fast recovery, yes the DEUS is faster which is why I own both, however slow and low with the ctx she will grab anything any detector out there can grab unless its granular gold... Lol!! The ctx is by far my main machine but the DEUS is a close second it's all about the right tool for the job!! Which is why I have every coil for each machine,! BUY FROM BART AT BIG BOYS HOBBIES, he always takes care of me!!!!!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ctx is by far my main machine but the DEUS is a close second it's all about the right tool for the job!! Which is why I have every coil for each machine,! BUY FROM BART AT BIG BOYS HOBBIES, he always takes care of me!!!!!!

Exactly... The XP DUES Metal Detector and the MINELAB CTX 3030 really compliment each other very very well. Having both makes an unbeatable combo!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread