2nd Coil Pairing Problem

UnrepentantSinner

Sep 12, 2012
NW KS
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT GOLD, AT PRO, TM-818, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a 13" coil for my Deus the other day. Paired it to the control box, entered name, entered serial number. I selected large coil, blue light on coil flashed rapidly, then went to intermittent like it normally does, on the control box the display went from no coil to the frequency and the battery/coil battery flashes normal. So it should be paired up, correct? I get no sound or movement on display that shows the coil works when I move it over metal. If I select the 9" coil and everything works right, try to select the big coil and nothing. I did not pair this to the headphones at this time.

So I turned on both headphones and control box, checked to make sure the coil info was right in the headphone and that it showed that it was finding the big coil. Still nothing, no response from coil. The headphones and control box show that the big coil is there, but I get no response from the coil itself, no sound, no movement on display. Can select small coil and everything works right in headphones and control box.

Am I doing something wrong here or is the new coil junk? Hoping I'm just missing something before I have to send it in for repair.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have a coil programmed to a version that is not the same as your Deus.
If you have v3.2 installed on your Deus, then re-update the firmware while the large coil is selected.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree to id try & reprogram all ur coils,headphones ect first

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice to get feedback so we know how the problem was solved for future reference.

Patersmith

Oct 29, 2013
Salem, Illinois
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had this same problem with my new 11x13 coil. In my case doing the update worked. Apparently, I had V3.2 on the new Deus, but an older version on the big coil.

FYI: Even though I had the controller up to date, I lost all my custom programs when I done the update. If you have this problem, WRITE YOUR CUSTOM PROGRAMS DOWN!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had this same problem with my new 11x13 coil. In my case doing the update worked. Apparently, I had V3.2 on the new Deus, but an older version on the big coil.

FYI: Even though I had the controller up to date, I lost all my custom programs when I done the update. If you have this problem, WRITE YOUR CUSTOM PROGRAMS DOWN!

I have had a few customers with tthe same problem. I had them reinstall the 3.2 version and then install the coil and BAM, back in business!

We just got a great supply of the XP DEUS 11" DD wireless round search coil | BigBoysHobbies in. These are super hard to get!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread