just wondering

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out using my deus today playing around with programs & settings & it occured to well more i guess just being curious what others who are using this machine have there. ID normal on or off & why. Me i use both really just depends on the mood im in most of the time i use it on to keep them at 1 # but I do use it off to to compare in different frequencies

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not use it as I switch from identical programs with different frequencies often to get a better idea of what I'm digging or no digging.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you keep norm id off to compare back n fourth ?

See I tried that & I do have good luck when im out comparing signals when I relic hunt, but when im at a park & goin for coins,or jewlery thats mainly when I keep it on

jhapes78

Greenie
Oct 19, 2013
Ks
Detector(s) used
E trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep my ID on...I want the ID's to stay one way nomatter what program or friq. I'm in....that way I get used to a set of numbers and have a good idea what I'm diggin no matter what things are set at...

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the Deus, and still learning it. I've decided to keep ID normal off so I can learn the IDs in each frequency as I learn the rest of the machine. I figure it will payoff for checking targets when I get accustomed to hunting with it.

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get a good sounding target in 12 or 18kh.(ID numbers NOT normalized) Then quickly drop frequency to 4kh. If ID numbers stay the same, or get higher its bigger iron wraparound or rusted bottle cap.
Numbers drop? Then you better dig it!
DIG IT?

Edit...Don't trust this technique on anything deeper than 1-2" (not as effective in my test garden.)

Works great for shallow rusty bottle caps.

Last edited:

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been mainly hunting in areas where relics are unlikely to be present so the comparison, for me, has been handy. Since I'm new with the Deus, I'm also trying to use the methods other, more experienced users have suggested in order to speed up the learning curve and gain familiarity with the unit in general. I can see where some might find an advantage using ID Norm if you're intending to always use the TDI, but I am trying to train my ear to eventually not use the display at all.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you all are digging by #'s your missing good targets. Many things effect Visual ID #'s. Listen to the machine.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No im not I been goin by sound for years on all my machines, I was actually curious is just to what others might be using on there machines i was goin threw mine & playing around with different functions. Its always best to go my sound depth,Soil condition, trash near an object,or even 2 items in or close to each other will throw off any # on any machine

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never use the ID Norm function. I play it by ear!:icon_thumleft: The best signals I ever got were,faint,and repeatable,with no TID,or depth on the screen!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the biggest complaints about the Deus is that you dig too many rusted bottlecaps. There are other ways to prevent this but one good way is to setup a 4Khz program next to your 12Khz program (where I hunted most of the time) and compare signals with the normalization off. If I got a dime or quarter signal in 12Khz, I always verified with 4Khz and if the VDI#'s stayed the same or got higher it was always junk and usually a bottlecap. Never had it fail me but I'm sure there are exceptions. The feature I used the most from the update was the full tones ... loved them. The Deus is a good machine but like Bart told you it is a better tone machine than to trust the VDI.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are signals that always make me wanna know whats that far down its so quiet

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never use the ID Norm function. I play it by ear!:icon_thumleft: The best signals I ever got were,faint,and repeatable,with no TID,or depth on the screen!:thumbsup:

Same here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions