TonyAD

Greenie
Dec 23, 2011
S. Florida
Detector(s) used
Deus II, Equinox 800 & 600, Excalibur II, Excalibur Blue Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just received my new XP Deus from Big Boy Hobbies and enjoying the learning curve for now. Now that they have been available for sometime I wonder if anyone has experience with the 11" round coil on the beach. I know from past experience using a Sovereign GT that a larger coil was most helpful to me after a big storm when I wanted to cover as much beach as possible in the shortest amount of time. Generally I preferred the smaller coil which was a 10". I really appreciate all the helpful hints I have been reading on this forum and the information and help I received from Bart at Big Boy's.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just received my new XP Deus from Big Boy Hobbies and enjoying the learning curve for now. Now that they have been available for sometime I wonder if anyone has experience with the 11" round coil on the beach. I know from past experience using a Sovereign GT that a larger coil was most helpful to me after a big storm when I wanted to cover as much beach as possible in the shortest amount of time. Generally I preferred the smaller coil which was a 10". I really appreciate all the helpful hints I have been reading on this forum and the information and help I received from Bart at Big Boy's.

Very welocome Tony! We are getting more 11" coils tomorrow but no beach here in OK to test on for you! Lol

This will be an interesting thread to watch!

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very welocome Tony! We are getting more 11" coils tomorrow but no beach here in OK to test on for you! Lol

This will be an interesting thread to watch!

Lake Hefner had a lot of new beach with the water level so low :) Kind of icy I suppose though, eh?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like I see a lot of posts on the 11" coil, but I haven't heard any specifics. Is there a big difference between the stock and 11" coil?

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A marked improvement in coverage and depth. Depends on the sites you search if its worth investing $500 bucks.
I'm glad I shelled out the extra cash. Not much heavier than the stock 9" coil.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another big thing to is if you already have a full deus xp meaning the controler & a set of headphones well with an extra coil you could if u wanted put that extra coil on another detector stem & use the controler on 1 coil & the headphones on the other coil, now you have 2 very high end deus xp detectors if uve got a friend or family member that wants to detect with you

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like I see a lot of posts on the 11" coil, but I haven't heard any specifics. Is there a big difference between the stock and 11" coil?

2" bigger means more depth and added coverage area on each sweep. I have been using the 11" coil a ton the last week. LOVE the added depth on the older sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread