TonyAD

Greenie
Dec 23, 2011
S. Florida
Detector(s) used
Deus II, Equinox 800 & 600, Excalibur II, Excalibur Blue Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wonder how many others would be interested in a simple Utility program that would allow us to download the settings and programs from our XP's? Such a program could also allow us to quickly create new programs on the computer and/or obtain program files from others and upload them to our XP's as well. The XP is already computer ready for uploading firmware upgrades so it would seem possible such a program could be developed either by XP or a third party. I would be mainly interested in preserving the stock programs, any custom programs and being able to exchange programs with others. The ability to quickly create several programs and upload them would be help utilize the power of this detector. I think I also read a post on this board that mentioned previous programs were lost during firmware upgrades and wonder if this would apply to custom programs users create, it probably does.

Reply Quote Report

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 & XP Deus with a Whites TRX and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many others would be interested in a simple Utility program that would allow us to download the settings and programs from our XP's? Such a program could also allow us to quickly create new programs on the computer and/or obtain program files from others and upload them to our XP's as well. The XP is already computer ready for uploading firmware upgrades so it would seem possible such a program could be developed either by XP or a third party. I would be mainly interested in preserving the stock programs, any custom programs and being able to exchange programs with others. The ability to quickly create several programs and upload them would be help utilize the power of this detector. I think I also read a post on this board that mentioned previous programs were lost during firmware upgrades and wonder if this would apply to custom programs users create, it probably does.

Reply Quote Report

That's the first thing I searched for when I got mine coming from the Etrac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely. When I first got my Deus, this was the first thing I looked for also. With its capability to connect to the PC, I expected something like this to be available.

It sure would make it easier to be able to see all the programs as a spreadsheet, make changes, copy/paste, upload/download, etc... Get on it XP!

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People should email them requesting this. I sent them and email a while back and one of their developers actually emailed me back.

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What email did you use? I looked for a way to contact them but didn't find anything but the phone number

OP
OP
T

TonyAD

Greenie
Dec 23, 2011
S. Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OP
OP
T

TonyAD

Greenie
Dec 23, 2011
S. Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I received an email back from a tech in France who basically said "Yes, good idea for the future". I'm sure they have more important things to do but a third party with the right information could easily put a utility program together.

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent a request too.

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did too, haven't heard anything back.

OP
OP
T

TonyAD

Greenie
Dec 23, 2011
S. Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Utility

Great idea but the XP Deus Metal Detector | BigBoysHobbies programs so fast and easy I can change things much faster than hooking it up to a computer.

Bart, I have to agree with you, the more I use the XP Deus and understand the settings the easier it is to change on the fly. I suppose it would still be nice to have a Utility program just to backup everything so when an update comes along you don't have to worry about losing programs.
I am extremely happy with the performance of the XP Deus so far. I found Andy Sabisch's book "The Deus Handbook" very helpful in better understanding how to tune the Deus, it's really fairly easy to do.

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's definitely easy to program on the fly. One of the many things I dig about the Deus!

I like the idea of being able to see all the programs at once on a spreadsheet like in Andy's book, page 73. For me, it's handy to be able to see 'the big picture' to compare and make changes before heading out into the field. I currently do this by hand and fill in my spreadsheets manually (like on page 161), see what settings I want to mess with and program them in for my next trip out. It would just be much easier for me if it was automated :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread