Next Deus update?

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 & XP Deus with a Whites TRX and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was just wondering how often they release updates? I am really hoping for some more cool features... Maybe a PC program to share your programs or something else cool. I guess I am just a tech nerd but ... Hey that's why I got an XP Deus!

Are there any sites that has info of possible new features or beta test? Like with the iPhone there is always leaks of new features ect.

Just a thought....

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think they have it rock solid now. Add the XP DEUS 11" DD wireless round search coil | BigBoysHobbies and you have a stupid deep lightweight wireless detector than can handle high trash and hit really deep ones. I cant see them doing much to improve it.

Programs are very easy to adjust or add as is. Most people stay in one or two programs and tweak to their liking for the site conditions.

colebear

Feb 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be really interesting to see what they might do, it would be really cool to be able to tweak programs together. If it got to that it might even be conceivable for fans and users to learn the coding a bit and submit tweaks to add to the platform. Probably a pipe dream. I sold a bunch of stuff so I could have a v3i with an oversized coil for deep clean areas, and the Deus 9" for cellars and trashy areas.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
V 2.0 was early 2011

V 3.0 was mid 2013 and fixed with V 3.1 and V 3.2. I suspect we won't see a new revision till at least 2015.

I'm still struggling with the V 3.2 .. like the new features ..but something (for me) is amiss. I'm suspecting ground balance is the culprit but need to test out.

I sure loved the V 2.0 but when I reverted to it from V 3.2 I missed the new features.

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never say die !!!! But I don't think actually think there's much more you can do to improve the machine ,, maybe a different coil configuration DD,,elliptical theres been a few irate discussions on forums in the UK re the 11 inch coil ,with buyers saying how marvellous it was, but they paid a lot of money for the coil , the coil range size is now is 9 -11-13 in physics it really is not a significant gap .
The argument went on for a while,with nothing coming from the main suppliers/ agents in the UK,or XP in fact some detectorists were selling there nine inch coils to fund the purchase of the 11inch coil, eventually the main agents responded ,,for fear of being left with a shed load of thirteen inch coils !! This was after claims that the 11inch coil was deeper than the thirteen inch coil
It seems that thirteen inch coil is heavy and does not balance well on the shaft , which is correct as I have one ,and have
had a conversion made to keep it central to the shaft , and a definite improvement ,,the depth difference between the nine inch coil and the thirteen inch is minimal , but the ground coverage is obviously greater .
I use the nine inch coil much more than the thirteen inch , the machine was built around the 9 inch coil and works the best , still can't understand why they've introduced the eleven inch coil ,what's the advantage ???

colebear

Feb 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any Deus programers, R&D, or business team members? If not we should at least send them the link, never know they may get an idea or two.

Something tells me there is a remote probe in the Deus' future. Like sunray made in line probes that use the same frequencies and can relay information to the scree as a mini coil might. I would also think a future update might include the ability to selectively operate in more than one frequency. Possibly make multiple target ID the norm. I don't know if it is possible with the circuitry, but maybe even add a PI mode for gold prospecting, or serious depth at wide open hunting locations. I would still vote for program sharing, maybe a system where you can use the remote to "record" up to 2 minute clips of detecting. This would give you the ability to locate a target or whisper of a possible target, start recording and make adjustments to see if you can make the target produce a more solid response and then play it back on your computer or whatever to better understand what adjustments made the best differences at your location, or even have an aftermarket analysis program to help you optimize your programs based upon the recordings. Even have a non motion program that once you hear a whisper or whatever, you hit the non-motion fe or non-motion Conduct "optimize" button and the machine will cyclically adjust every setting each time it pulses (or whatever it does) and track the response then leave you with the best settings for you to re-evaluate the target, somewhat like a hyper advanced ground balance auto system. That would take a great deal of the learning and expertise out of detecting which would suck because then we would be overrun even worse than we are now, but it could be quite interesting and doesn't seem entirely un-realistic.

colebear

Feb 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha probably won't get too much feedback but I sent them the link to our thread, keep the ideas coming!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know, Man i hate comin over to the deus side of town, really missing mine i cannot get over it being stolen best machine I had period

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There pretty good at XP and will probably send you a reply, I had a moan about the two charging connections on the coil ,and they've improved them on the latest coils, the three wired charging cable has been known to be temperamental, and you end up applying pressure to the snap on coil connector ,which is easy to damage ,I have purchased a USB hub which allows me to charge two coils headphones and controller at the same time .

colebear

Feb 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow so Alain got back to me this morning, I had forwarded him this thread and a simple bullet point list explaining that I in no way thought I knew what was possible but enjoyed brainstorming and dreaming of new ideas. He responded very nicely, saying (I paraphrase) thank you for the feedback, we love hearing from our users and assure you that we enjoy dreaming too and will optimize the Deus in the best ways we can find.

That makes me very happy that he took the time to write an email back this morning, it also just made me a more loyal member of the XP fan-club. I believe firmly that I own machines from the two best groups of people making MDs today White's and XP :)

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any Deus programers, R&D, or business team members? If not we should at least send them the link, never know they may get an idea or two.

Something tells me there is a remote probe in the Deus' future. Like sunray made in line probes that use the same frequencies and can relay information to the scree as a mini coil might. I would also think a future update might include the ability to selectively operate in more than one frequency. Possibly make multiple target ID the norm. I don't know if it is possible with the circuitry, but maybe even add a PI mode for gold prospecting, or serious depth at wide open hunting locations. I would still vote for program sharing, maybe a system where you can use the remote to "record" up to 2 minute clips of detecting. This would give you the ability to locate a target or whisper of a possible target, start recording and make adjustments to see if you can make the target produce a more solid response and then play it back on your computer or whatever to better understand what adjustments made the best differences at your location, or even have an aftermarket analysis program to help you optimize your programs based upon the recordings. Even have a non motion program that once you hear a whisper or whatever, you hit the non-motion fe or non-motion Conduct "optimize" button and the machine will cyclically adjust every setting each time it pulses (or whatever it does) and track the response then leave you with the best settings for you to re-evaluate the target, somewhat like a hyper advanced ground balance auto system. That would take a great deal of the learning and expertise out of detecting which would suck because then we would be overrun even worse than we are now, but it could be quite interesting and doesn't seem entirely un-realistic.

well you got a reply from XP which was nice ,,, been reading your post here , you mention selective frequencies , well of course you can and do right-now, to operate as a multi frequency machine would defeat the object a bit ,you would loose the fast reactivity ,and the bit of radio spectrum that XP use on this machine is to small 4 -17 1/2, they use use micro tuned circuitry to adjust the frequency changes that you select , some where around 11khz would be the most efficient I suspect.
You may gain a slight depth advantage with PI , but then your talking big heavy 18 inch coils large battery's and swingy thingys kind not what you bought your Deus for which is as light as a feather ,,the Gold setting on the Deus is deep and you still get a VDI readout , but in reverse high pitch is poor conductive low is good,you can alter the pitch of the constant hum , be interested to read a review on how the Deus performed in a gold field.

colebear

Feb 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah sprinter you have good points, I'm going a little crazy been snowed in for 2.5 weeks after locating a few good sites late in January. Anyway happy hunting to all.

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah sprinter you have good points, I'm going a little crazy been snowed in for 2.5 weeks after locating a few good sites late in January. Anyway happy hunting to all.[/

Commiserations regarding your snow just keep your side please !!! We got rain big time with massive storms , I went on the beach Monday just gone and it was good , but today the shingle had all been blown back,hiding all the goodies , there's another storm coming tonight may take it out again ,be spring soon enough .....

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple of things I would love to see:
Computer program to store programs (Stock and Custom)or save them from the Deus, especially during updates.
Ability to save altered stock programs.
Better remote (Control Box) covers.
A stand to keep your $2000 detector off the ground when sitting it down to dig.

Off the top of my head......

Jim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and most of all, a pair of big Br**sted French girls to "Ohhh" and "Ahhh" as I dig goodies up!

LOL

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread