Alternate to the XP DEUS Backphone from DetectorPro

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think for a $150.00 they could do better than just slapping the unprotected Backphone adapter onto a pair of GGs.

Still a neat idea even if it is not very well executed. I wonder if these are any better that the Chefphone for the Dues that are much less expensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
charlotte49er

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You would think for a $150.00 they could do better than just slapping the unprotected Backphone adapter onto a pair of GGs. Still a neat idea even if it is not very well executed. I wonder if these are any better that the Chefphone for the Dues that are much less expensive.

Try getting the Chefphones. I have had an order with them since August 2013 and they haven't shipped the first pair to me. Some other guy is trying to run the company with the help of some part time help. He admitted to me that he has no idea how the Chefphones were made, but the intern was trying to help him over Christmas Break.

I have gave up all hope of getting my order and it wouldn't surprise me if they never ship a pair again.

It boils down to the DEUS WS-5's ($429) or use the backphones! The WS-5's are great, but do you really need another controller? Plus you are dealing with DetectorPro Quality.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my chefphones in less than 10 days from order to in my hands.......

Jim

OP
OP
charlotte49er

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my chefphones in less than 10 days from order to in my hands....... Jim

You're special! I've had like a 2 dozen ordered since August and continually get the run around Danny Hines at Chefphones.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta agree although grey ghost detector pro are great headphones, that looks like crap. I do not at all mean to be rude pr disrespectful in any way the deus machine is awesome & my favorite if that peice was inside or somehow hidden it would be nice it really just looks like someone just slapped it to gether & doesnt say much for xp or detector pro. Which stincks cuz like i said both companies r awesome

OP
OP
charlotte49er

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gotta agree although grey ghost detector pro are great headphones, that looks like crap. I do not at all mean to be rude pr disrespectful in any way the deus machine is awesome & my favorite if that peice was inside or somehow hidden it would be nice it really just looks like someone just slapped it to gether & doesnt say much for xp or detector pro. Which stincks cuz like i said both companies r awesome

You have to realize that that pair is just a prototype/mockup. NOT the finished product!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok well you have to realize that I didn't dog any of the said companies in fact I'm a fan of both what I said was I just didn't like the idea was all does it say any where that they are a proto type,or not the finished product no, so there for how am.I supposed to know that,the ones showed aren't the ones goin to be sold

OP
OP
charlotte49er

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The link is live on Detectorpro's website DetectorPro Gray Ghost XP Cordless Headphone

They don't look as stealth as a normal set of Gray Ghost headphones with the remote mounted on one side, but they are very comfortable and they work great.

Carter

FYI ... when you click on the "See Cyberstore For Price" to purchase they are not in your Cyberstore???

So no way to purchase online looks like ... I know they are $150 but someone going directly to the site won't

Is that $150 shipped or not including shipping? (It says you have a flat rate .. what is that flat rate?)

Thanks ... good to see the lifetime warranty as well.

I'll have to see what I want to go with when I get my XP

Last edited:

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the Chefphones are available from Andy for $92.00 what would anyone get by spending the extra $58.00?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions