Treasure Mountain Detectors Review of Vance Metal Detecting’s Vance Muffs

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Mountain Detectors Review of Vance Metal Detecting’s Vance Muffs for the XP Deus Metal Detector

Hello My Fellow Treasure Hunters! Today we are reviewing the Vance Muffs for the XP Deus Metal Detector designed by Vance Metal Detecting. Honestly folks I get new inventions and equipment sent to me all the time to test and review, some are really nice and some not so nice. But I always take the time to do a thorough inspection and test whether it is from a major company, small business owner or just an individual who likes to invent things.

When I received the Vance Muffs I thought to myself just upon the appearance of them… wow, these headphones are nice, sleek and compact! Upon handling, inspecting and trying them on I was very impressed with the build quality, fit and weight. These headphones are built solid and can easily stand up to the normal wear and tear of hardcore detecting in any outdoor environment. I was also impressed with the weight of these headphones being about 3 ounces lighter than any other aftermarket full-sized headphones for the XP Deus on the market today! Also want to mention they are wireless, WS4 module fits perfectly and they fold up to be very compact which is great for traveling and storing them.

Last inspection and test was the sound quality. Once again folks the Vance Muffs passed with flying colors! The sound quality was superior! Vance Metal Detecting did not cut any corners or put a low budget speaker in these Vance Muffs! I can tell the speakers in these headphones are high quality, the way it should be! We know how good the XP Deus WS4 headphones sound but now imagine it with a nice durable cushioned headphone cup around your ears to seal out the background noise…..Perfect! Overall, the Vance Muffs are superior and my personal go to headphones for the XP Deus Metal Detector!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts removed for non supporting vendors...

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anybody use the Vance or know where to get them?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google is your friend, you can only get them from one site and it has vance in the url. And, yes, I have them and consider them to be the best third party Deus H/P alternative out there as their tonality faithfully reproduces what you would hear using the WS4's.

Last edited:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they are so good than why arent they sold by anyone other than manufacturer :dontknow:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to have to ask Vance personally (which you can do when you call his number or email him) why he doesn't have a deal with all the MD distributors out there selling his custom made phones. You can do that because he is a one person shop selling a third party niche accessory (third party headphones) for a niche product (Deus). Hope that sort of helps answer your question and thanks for the vote of confidence [sarcasm, if you can't tell] In the interest of full disclosure, I have no vested interest in vance muffs, just a satisfied customer who is willing to put myself out there to risk potentially trashing my rep on the forum by providing a first hand endorsement. In this specialized hobby, as far as the accessories are concerned (e.g., digging tools, pouches, and other accessories) I have had better luck and quality with products that are not mass produced or mass sold. jmo.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW I heard about them based on an online review by Andy Sabisch so that carried some weight with me.

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vance muffs will be my next purchase. I can't find a bad thing said about the sound quality of their Deus muffs.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had mine for well over a year (and half?) and still look/work as new, I love them and will not wear anything else.....

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread