All Treasure Hunting

ecoast

Sep 12, 2013
The Highlands of NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, V3i, DeepTech Vista SMART, ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you are using tracking, it should re-track in a few seconds once you start swinging again.

it will drop gb #'s if you set it down and pause too long...

OP
OP
Tedyoh

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have noticed when I set it down to dig it will drop and reset quickly but the issue is when I drop the reactivity and re check the target immediately, GB drops and most of the time will not reset quickly, I will need to move out of the area or raise it manually. Thanks.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you are using tracking, it should re-track in a few seconds once you start swinging again.

it will drop gb #'s if you set it down and pause too long...
Agreed!

The lower you can set your reactivity the more depth you get. I try to run 2 in most places unless super trashy.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
A few quick pumps or sweep of the coil and tracking catches right up I noticed.I switch between 2 programs to double check my targets ,I have each pre set with tracking on so when I switch it takes those few sweeps/pumps to let tracking catch up.I have my deep program on reactivity of 2 right now,and my hot program on 3.I think I will set up a third with the reactivity on 1.1 on the Deus is equal to what alot of machines come from the factory with.I really like being able to adjust this.I hope more companies go this route.

OP
OP
Tedyoh

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the GB is still not catching up....quickly anyway (takes 20 -30 seconds). ..must be because of the heavy trash. ...if I move out of the area a bit all is well.... if I keep toggling in and out of the GB option that seems to work for some reason

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure the manual says anytime you press a button it recalibrates itself. Should hold it in the air when you do that I would think?

OP
OP
Tedyoh

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think i read that and not that I know everything about this machine, only had it a few weeks, but I don't think the Reactivity setting, or adjusting it should have anything to do with the GB setting.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Well I may wait 5 or 10 sec depending on the ground.It may take longer on really bad ground??

OP
OP
Tedyoh

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that's what I'm thinking as well....I will take it out to a clean field tomorrow and see what happens. ...thanks to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions