Helpful VDI Readout chart all Freq

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your looking at the VDI your missing just how good the XP Deus is. Its AUDIO AUDIO AUDIO..

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your looking at the VDI your missing just how good the XP Deus is. Its AUDIO AUDIO AUDIO..

Well said.
I have had VDI numbers go 10 plus points lower than air tested numbers. I have also seen them go 10 plus points higher on deep copper pennies.

I have had it iron grunt on a 7 inch clad dime.

Welcome to the Deus world.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
To back up what Bart is saying I just Dug an 1859 Seated Liberty Quarter on edge at 9 inches, that had VDI numbers in the high 60's. I would dig that VDI number no matter what, but it just goes to show it was off 20 to 30 numbers on what was really in the ground :thumbsup:

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
If your getting an Iron grunt on a 7 inch dime,.....Your Deus is BROKE!..Yea the Vdi arent super acurate,,There are 4 different freq..Each freq has very acurate VDI,but each freq has a different VDI from the other Freq I am finding.I think telling people the VDI doesnt work,its a tone only machine...isnt correct.If your VDI is so bouncy maybe something wrong with your machine.Mines very acurate.A target next to garbage will always have a slight flux in VDI.Just my observations.

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have had two and I guess that they were both broke. As far as bouncing numbers I never said that I had that problem. Most of the time the numbers are fairly stable. The problem is that they were wrong a large percentage of the time and I was/am aware of the different freq. equaling different vid numbers.

Anyway the Deus is a fine machine but the IDing both numbers and tone is something that needs attention.

TL

hunter081

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your getting an Iron grunt on a 7 inch dime,.....Your Deus is BROKE!..Yea the Vdi arent super acurate,,There are 4 different freq..Each freq has very acurate VDI,but each freq has a different VDI from the other Freq I am finding.I think telling people the VDI doesnt work,its a tone only machine...isnt correct.If your VDI is so bouncy maybe something wrong with your machine.Mines very acurate.A target next to garbage will always have a slight flux in VDI.Just my observations.
Agreed

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I listen to the sound of the Deus more than anything. If I get a super nice sound I may glance at the TID to see what it is saying but sound for sure.

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well unless you dig those iron grunts you would never know it would you?
Just a thought.
TL

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
If I dug all the iron grunts I would have the biggest nail collection around hehehe.I try to trust the machine.I really avoid iron at all cost.To each ther own. HH Jim T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I dug all the iron grunts I would have the biggest nail collection around hehehe.I try to trust the machine.I really avoid iron at all cost.To each ther own. HH Jim T

Well Jim I don't run around digging iron grunts either but to say that the Deus will not give a iron tone on a 7" dime unless it is broken is speculation. I know that it will at times but not often enough that will make me start digging those signals.

Best to you man.
TL

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
That chart is very informative.
It gives you an idea of where a target may land.
I use the VID as a tool to "help" in the decision to dig or not.
It can shift either way...
Way to may variables in the ground.
Even the tones can lie.
Use all of the information and you will be rewarded...

HH

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's kinda a drag that the VDI changes by frequency. They could have easily shifted the read outs in software so all the frequencies hit on the same scale.

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
There is an Option for us to line all the VDI up,and they will be the same in all Freq Rob.The reason alot of us dont use this option is by switching freq real fast(1 click of the button to a program with a diff freq loaded)we can double check iffy targets.Example 4 khz really id's iron dead on.I may try it anyways tho and see if it effects me much .Its fast to change .Under configurations ,goto profile and turn ID NORM on .This will line up all the VDI for all 4 freq.

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is an Option for us to line all the VDI up,and they will be the same in all Freq Rob.The reason alot of us dont use this option is by switching freq real fast(1 click of the button to a program with a diff freq loaded)we can double check iffy targets.Example 4 khz really id's iron dead on.I may try it anyways tho and see if it effects me much .Its fast to change .Under configurations ,goto profile and turn ID NORM on .This will line up all the VDI for all 4 freq.

Thanks for the info. Some day I will pick up a Deus, it sounds like a sweet machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread