Deus find

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well while for the first time taking the Deus out on it's real first attempt I decided to go to a 21 acre spread we own that has been untouched land other than a road cut into it. I first found a .223 caliber projectile which did not surprise me. Then I decided to walk around the road bed to get to the other side of the ditch area and got a hit on the way. It registered a 78-81 TID and was at a indicated depth of 5"-6" according to the detectors readout.

So I dug and used my pinpointer to try and isolate the find. Well out to the side rolled this round object which measures netween .50" to .60" in places. I can only assume a Civil War era give or take a decade or two.

My first real find with the Deus and made me happy. The magnified under soft light is after I brushed off the dirt to get to the real deal! Man I am excited.

Attachments

• MB.jpg
    MB.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 119
  • MB2.jpg
    MB2.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 104

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Nice find.I would be checking that area carefully,you never know whats there.Thanks for the photo's.HH

OP
OP
mtsheron

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find.I would be checking that area carefully,you never know whats there.Thanks for the photo's.HH

Hello Niagra-

I plan too! You have to assume there should be more of them. No known Civil War battle on this ground that anyone knows of. Could have been a skirmish but who knows. Would be nice to find a belt buckle or some old coins of that era.

We will see. I need to go bush hog the wild sage grass for the upcoming winter so it will be easier to traverse with the Deus!

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I bush hogged all 21 acres of my parents a few years back so I could scour every inch.Paid off with a large cent and a few buttons.Well worth it.Somebody dropped something out there.Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions