Impressed with the deus

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
excal 11 , explorer se, garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my deus a week ago and finally got to go try it out. I took my minelab explore with me also with the 8/6 sef coil.
I first went over an area with the minelab didn't find much a lot of junk and iron in the ground. Found junk and one modern dime. I went back over with the deus and coins started popping out of the ground. I was truly impressed . Nothing older than a 61 penny but the seperation is so much better than my minelab even with the smaller coil. The deus has the 11 inch.

OP
OP
C

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I dug a plug and at the bottom were 2 nails and to the side was a penny. The deus sounded off on the penny loud and clear that was very impressive !

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The Deus is nice. I have enjoyed mine. I often dig a hole and find more than one thing in it. GL&HH.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will notice good targets specially coins will hit much harder and be "round" sounding. I use just about any Metal Detector I can get my hands on and I usually grab a XP!

OP
OP
C

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bart . Your the one I bought it from .

OP
OP
C

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does any one use the 4klz I noticed it hits really good on coins .

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Bart . Your the one I bought it from .

I knew I liked you!;P

I like 8 for coin hunting and 12 for all around. I use 12 most all the time. The advantage of 8 on coils is not enough to pull me away from 12 as its so sensitive on small stuff I dont want to miss.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used 4 quite a bit. It can be somewhat deceiving so its good to have a duplicate 8KHz program with appropriate tone breaks.
That way you can ID deep iron and aluminum objects that will often come in as a questionable coin signal in 4KHz. (It will save your back and is 99.99% accurate)
4KHz is set at TX-3 so it lights up targets and can be rather noisy in a trash filled area.

OP
OP
C

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know about the update there working on? Heard it's supposed to be out before to long .

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does anyone know about the update there working on? Heard it's supposed to be out before to long .

No, but does not surprise me! Can't wait to see what it will do.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used 4 quite a bit. It can be somewhat deceiving so its good to have a duplicate 8KHz program with appropriate tone breaks.
That way you can ID deep iron and aluminum objects that will often come in as a questionable coin signal in 4KHz. (It will save your back and is 99.99% accurate)
4KHz is set at TX-3 so it lights up targets and can be rather noisy in a trash filled area.

Great idea! This helps on bottle caps as well.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my deus a week ago and finally got to go try it out. I took my minelab explore with me also with the 8/6 sef coil.
I first went over an area with the minelab didn't find much a lot of junk and iron in the ground. Found junk and one modern dime. I went back over with the deus and coins started popping out of the ground. I was truly impressed . Nothing older than a 61 penny but the seperation is so much better than my minelab even with the smaller coil. The deus has the 11 inch.

What program are you using?

OP
OP
C

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andys coin program from his book and just messing around with reactivity and silencer settings . The gb I've left in tracking . I changed discrimination to 6.5 and didn't use the notch instead used tones in the notched out position. I figured using tones for discrimination instead of notch and higher discrimination levels should help on the depth department . I may be wrong on that if anyone knows differently would like to hear .

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Andys coin program from his book and just messing around with reactivity and silencer settings . The gb I've left in tracking . I changed discrimination to 6.5 and didn't use the notch instead used tones in the notched out position. I figured using tones for discrimination instead of notch and higher discrimination levels should help on the depth department . I may be wrong on that if anyone knows differently would like to hear .

I think you are approaching this PERFECTLY and I'll bet you get more depth because of it. I've been amazed at how deep I can go with the 9" coil while using no disc. Like you I just assign an undesirable tone to the crap I dont want to dig and ignore it. If Deus could come up with a volume control for this trash bin of sounds it'd be a great tool. I'd then set the trash bin volume to like 2 and let all the other goodies sing out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread