Frequencies

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am thinking of buying a Deus so I got to thinking what frequency the real world users use for different hunting. I currently use an ATPro which operates at 15 Khtz. So the question is.....What frequency do ya'll hunt with for coin shooting vs relic hunting, and is anyone prospecting with one??? I understand soil conditions vary across our country and the world. Here in western Arkansas I usually run GB at 83+ : it varies a little but generally high never below 79. Guess I really want to know if having those other options will increase my bullet and button and nickel finds. Already am convinced it sees through rusty iron and steel but what about pop tops and bottle caps?
Trying to justify the cost; I'm a cheap skate..lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

The White's V3i has three operating frequencies 2.5kz, 7.5kz and 22.5kz this may or may not give you the options needed. I use the machine with great success, but it does require a bit of learning to understand all of the user options and interfaces. My Explorer SE works very well also. You have many options to choose from, perhaps someone in your club (or region) can suggest a machine for your hunting areas.

Regards,

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been running a custom 4khz program that really finds some deep silver. The nice thing about the Deus is how easy is to change the settings on the fly, so you can quickly learn what impact they have.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am thinking of buying a Deus so I got to thinking what frequency the real world users use for different hunting. I currently use an ATPro which operates at 15 Khtz. So the question is.....What frequency do ya'll hunt with for coin shooting vs relic hunting, and is anyone prospecting with one??? I understand soil conditions vary across our country and the world. Here in western Arkansas I usually run GB at 83+ : it varies a little but generally high never below 79. Guess I really want to know if having those other options will increase my bullet and button and nickel finds. Already am convinced it sees through rusty iron and steel but what about pop tops and bottle caps?
Trying to justify the cost; I'm a cheap skate..lol

I use 12 khz mostly but sometimes will check a iffy target in 8 or 18 depending on what I think it might be. That really helps identify things.

Yes a Garrett AT Pro is an awesome detector but it cant compete with the XP DEUS in iron or trash. It is really crazy what it can do. Be sure to watch the videos on our XP page. They will help you see just how good it is. Call or email me if you have more questions and be sure to ask about our forum deal! ;)

XP Deus Metal Detector | BigBoysHobbies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread