Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When are they going to make a Deus that uses 3-4 frequencies at the same time? I want to buy one but have been spoiled with my V3i and can tell the composition of the metal 90% of the time before I dig by the dominant frequency and VDI. I just don't know if I can stand a tone machine that seems to hit a wide array around the same VDI, or isn't really accurate on the VDI at all. In a really old place I dig most everything above iron but I like to cherry pick a bit in the trash. What do you guys think? Can I handle the single frequency?

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
excal 11 , explorer se, garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have minelab explorer which is multi freq and do a lot better with the deus!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You can switch frequencies with the push of a button, when I hit a target that is iffy, I switch between programs (which are at different frequencies) to verify the target. If it hits correctly at more than one frequency (program) then it is almost always a good target.

I have never used a V3i, so I can not speak specifically about that machine.

I like the Deus, but I am a bit of a simpleton, so beware. It is ultra-light and wireless, which makes it really easy to use, I believe this increases the overall level of pleasure (fun) as well as increases the finds. The VDI is not as good as Minelabs, but the sounds are really good. Most of the time, you can tell if the target is a coin, just by the sound.

I believe it is all preference, different people like different machines.

I hope that this helps. Please feel free to PM me, if I can be of any help to you.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can switch frequencies with the push of a button

This is true. The XP is so good in iron and trash that I think if you would include multiple frequencies it may slow the processing speed down an null out all its iron and trash abilities. It really is next level in that area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread