Is there any Norcal/valley DEUS owners in here?

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to buy a DEUS and have planned this a while, I spoke to a local dealer who sells Tesoro but owns a DEUS. He told me the DEUS in our hot soil doesn't do well, specifically "small foil at 9" shows in the silver range" then offered to let me test run a resort Tejon, I like Tesoro and would like to own a golden Umax but the DEUS is needed for extra depth in places I've cleaned out with my Xterra 705, when I find a spot, I pick it clean until nothing is left in my depth reach.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Backstrap80,
What part of NorCal are you located.
I'm just north of Sacramento and don't have any problems with "hot" soil and small foil isn't a real problem, but scrap aluminum, can slaw and screw caps will hit in the silver range.
I think that is a problem with most brands of detectors.
As has been said the Deus is a tone machine.
Most of the aluminum has a kind of buzz to it where coins have that "round" more of a smooth sound.
I would look for a dealer that sells XPs and talk to them. Sounds like he wants to sell you one of his brands.
There are a bunch of great guys that sell the Deus here on the forum and they have the best after sale help.
Not just the "there ya go, have fun" dealers.
The Deus is a great machine with a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it can't be beat.
Talk to a Deus dealer.
These dealers are linked in my area.
Catalog Request for DEUS Metal Detector | XP Metal Detectors Americas

HH

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My post is useless as "huntindog" said it all.

Also, I'm in Lodi area. Pm me if your close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
There are quite a few Deus owners that belong to the Sacramento Valley Detecting Buffs club.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking to buy a DEUS and have planned this a while, I spoke to a local dealer who sells Tesoro but owns a DEUS. He told me the DEUS in our hot soil doesn't do well, specifically "small foil at 9" shows in the silver range" then offered to let me test run a resort Tejon, I like Tesoro and would like to own a golden Umax but the DEUS is needed for extra depth in places I've cleaned out with my Xterra 705, when I find a spot, I pick it clean until nothing is left in my depth reach.

Did you get it figured out? I cant see a Tesoro being able to handle it better than a 4 frequency XP.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread