Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my Deus last week from BBH and decided to get a waterproof case for the control unit off e-bay. The case is just good protection regardless of the weather. I lay my detectors in the bed of my truck sometimes when I'm moving from one spot to another so this will work great. The front of the case is a silicone film that enables you to easily push the control buttons. Another tip is if you have trouble pushing the buttons you can add the little round furniture bumps to each button before placing in the case. The case also comes with a tether so that should the case somehow become separated from the detector arm you will not lose it. I don't see that ever happening. I used two part epoxy (JB Weld or something similar) to attach the extra clip that came with the detector to the back lower portion of the case as shown in the photo below. If you're looking for protection this is a great setup.

The case I used is an Aryca Aricase-Wave. It's the one that's compatable with I-Phone 3 and 4. Don't get the wave2, 3 or 4 because they're larger in size.

hope this helps someone.

front of case

back of case with clip attached

Yep! I did the exact same thing. Definitely shop around, I got mine for $5.99 free shipping from a boat place online. The only problem, (but not a problem) is that it is white. It was a few months ago and I tried google again, but can't seem to find it. I did see a pink one for $3.99 :laughing7: Anyway, it woorks great! The face of the case is very easy to clean. And my CU looks brand new! Good luck!

laserguy

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here'a a bit more info for those of you who are looking to make this upgrade using an Aryca case. The original Wave 1 is the best and is what is shown on the YouTube video. The part number as given previously is WSi3B (Black), WSi3P (Pink), WSi3Y (Yellow) or WSi3W (White). Unfortunately, these have become extremely hard to find in black or white. There seems to be a lot of pinks and yellow floating around though for cheap. It is no longer made by the manufacturer. The inner dimensions for this case are: 4.55″ x 2.56″ x .55″

There is an alternative for this case. Aryca makes a whole line of waterproof phone cases. The problem with most of their cases is not the width x length. It's the thickness. Most are too thin to allow the Deus controller to be placed inside and have the case closed.

Second choice is called The Tide 1. Part number is WS12B,P,Y or W depending on the color. This case is no longer made under the name of The Tide 1. It is available however as The Wave 3. Part number is WS17B, P,Y or W. The inner dimension are: 4.90″ x 2.70″ x .55″. Now you'll notice this case is slightly larger than the Wave 1, but I stress, only slightly. It's roughly 3/8" longer and Just over 1/8" wider. The important thing is that the inner depth is also .55" just like the Wave 1 is so your controller will fit exactly the same.

Now someone else posted earlier that you should avoid the Wave 3 as it's too big to use but apparently they spoke without bothering to check facts first. I found a black Wave 3 on eBay two weeks ago at a very reasonable cost (considering some places are now selling these case for upwards of $30-$40 each) and bought it. My Deus controller fits beautifully. I hope some of you find this additional info helpful.

Last edited:

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

here is my video of how to mount the aryca case on to the DEUS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread