Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just received my Deus last week from BBH and decided to get a waterproof case for the control unit off e-bay. The case is just good protection regardless of the weather. I lay my detectors in the bed of my truck sometimes when I'm moving from one spot to another so this will work great. The front of the case is a silicone film that enables you to easily push the control buttons. Another tip is if you have trouble pushing the buttons you can add the little round furniture bumps to each button before placing in the case. The case also comes with a tether so that should the case somehow become separated from the detector arm you will not lose it. I don't see that ever happening. I used two part epoxy (JB Weld or something similar) to attach the extra clip that came with the detector to the back lower portion of the case as shown in the photo below. If you're looking for protection this is a great setup.

The case I used is an Aryca Aricase-Wave. It's the one that's compatable with I-Phone 3 and 4. Don't get the wave2, 3 or 4 because they're larger in size.

hope this helps someone.

front of case

back of case with clip attached

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your idea of adding bumps to make the buttons easier to push. I made my version last year.

OP
OP
H

Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great video SS. I also got the idea from a video on another forum. I looked through the threads on here and didn't see any postings so thought I'd share it. I personally like the permanent attachment of the clip to the case. The epoxy is thick and fills any voids between the clip and case and when it dries it's solid. There's no wiggle when attached to the shaft handle. I'm leaving mine in the case permanently just to keep it free from dirt and the elements. I haven't put the bumps on yet but I noticed this evening that it will make it much easier to push the buttons when I do get them. All in all I'm very happy to have this extra protection for my machine.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I bought my Deus last March one of the first things I did was to get the case and rounded clear feet. I initially tried the velcro to attach the case to the stem but did not like the flex and give when pushing buttons.

I bought an extra the stem top and modified it before I epoxied it to the case. I replaced the center plastic nub with a metal one. Some of the nubs are not well formed and wear; becoming the weak link in keeping the case firmly attached to the stem.

Works well, protects the CU and keeps it all on the stem.

P1030366.jpg P1030367.jpg

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is awesome.. My Deus is going to be hear early next week.. Will be doing this for sure, But where do you get the extra deus mount to epoxy to the case?

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get the part from XP USA.

OP
OP
H

Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
this is awesome.. My Deus is going to be hear early next week.. Will be doing this for sure, But where do you get the extra deus mount to epoxy to the case?

I just used the extra one that came with the unit. I think it was a protective cover for where the control mounts. I have found that I will need to install the little furniture bumps on the buttons. You will also need to use headphones when using the case as the speaker is enclosed and hard to hear without them. I like the fact that the case keeps dirt and mud off the controller. Give yourself plenty of time to learn what the machine can do. There are you-tube vids that are great to watch. Good Luck!

Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shop around if you decide to buy one of the Aryca Wave cases, I got mine from Amazon for $8 with free shipping.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought Mine on ebay for $20 shipped..thanks for the thread on it.. Oh yea the Part number for the Case in black is Aryca Aricase Wave WSi3B

OP
OP
H

Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a note to anyone using this setup, be sure to roughen up the case and the attachment piece with sandpaper before using the epoxy on it. Mine came loose today because i didn't do what I knew I should have done. I had my tether cord attached which did it's job.

mtcooley

Mar 19, 2013
Sanford, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
I also have the Aryca wave case for the Deus. I also just received a condura case from Thesaurus Detecting in the UK. I like it a lot.
bb7ba8a05ed22f85cecabcd8bbf2dd02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choctawmongo

Jan 15, 2015
Tombstone
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can somebody post what the complete case looks like with furniture bumps on it? Thanks!

Choctawmongo

OP
OP
H

Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can somebody post what the complete case looks like with furniture bumps on it? Thanks!

Choctawmongo

You really can't see the ones I got if I were to take a pic. There are different styles. Some are half round and some are flat. I went to Lowes thinking I wanted the half round ones but all they had was a variety pack. When I got home I found that the flat ones actually were the ones I ended up using. They were a perfect fit. You could double up on them if you wanted to but I haven't seen the need to. What I got is called "Bumper value Pack" by Soft Touch". You only need six but there's 30 small bumps in the pack plus other assorted sizes. The bumps are clear in color. Hope that helps you. If you feel you still want to see a pic I'll take one but it's not going to look any different than the case shown above.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Choctawmongo

Not sure what your asking for; post #4 above shows the remote in and out of the case with the half round pads?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just received my Deus last week from BBH and decided to get a waterproof case for the control unit off e-bay. The case is just good protection regardless of the weather. I lay my detectors in the bed of my truck sometimes when I'm moving from one spot to another so this will work great. The front of the case is a silicone film that enables you to easily push the control buttons. Another tip is if you have trouble pushing the buttons you can add the little round furniture bumps to each button before placing in the case. The case also comes with a tether so that should the case somehow become separated from the detector arm you will not lose it. I don't see that ever happening. I used two part epoxy (JB Weld or something similar) to attach the extra clip that came with the detector to the back lower portion of the case as shown in the photo below. If you're looking for protection this is a great setup.

The case I used is an Aryca Aricase-Wave. It's the one that's compatable with I-Phone 3 and 4. Don't get the wave2, 3 or 4 because they're larger in size.

hope this helps someone.

front of case

back of case with clip attached

Nice setup!! ;)

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I bought my Deus last March one of the first things I did was to get the case and rounded clear feet. I initially tried the velcro to attach the case to the stem but did not like the flex and give when pushing buttons.

I bought an extra the stem top and modified it before I epoxied it to the case. I replaced the center plastic nub with a metal one. Some of the nubs are not well formed and wear; becoming the weak link in keeping the case firmly attached to the stem.

Works well, protects the CU and keeps it all on the stem.

View attachment 1127372 View attachment 1127373

Where did you buy the nub and the clear plastic buttons???

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The metal nub is actually a small screw that was modified by turning (drill press and file) the head down to a very thin flat profile. The head of the nub is also inserted from the inside the case, through the back wall of the case and then through a hole drilled in the stem top.

Having the nub pass through the case and into and through stem top strengthens both the attachment of the stem top to the case and the nub itself.

The clear half round adhesive bumpers are found at a hardware store or big box home improvement place. Mine were laying around so I don't remember where they were purchased.

Choctawmongo

Jan 15, 2015
Tombstone
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just put my unit together and man is that a great idea! There is some really smart people on this forum! Thanks for sharing the idea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions