Full Tones Worked For Me!

nalgene77

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many thanks to RKS 1949 for posting the YouTube video from Stephen Auker encouraging the use of full tones. Took a while to get used to but it was worth the effort. I'm in Canada and after 2 exploratory hunts and a little tuning it looks like I'm a believer! :icon_thumleft:

Today's hunt = 1911 V Nickle (worn out), 1918 British Penny, 1880 British Farthing (bent), 1917 Dime, Pre 36 Dime, and my first (of this style) 1932 and 1936 One Cent.

Attachments

• IMG_1400.JPG
    IMG_1400.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 171

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The more I use it,the better I like it!there's just a short learning curve for your ears to get used to the tones,then when you hit a good target,you will know it instantly!:thumbsup: I'm glad it works for you too!:occasion14: I don't know why more people over here don't use it?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found more nickels including V nickels and British Large sent (1894) like the one you found with the Deus, because the machine will sound really good on lower conductive targets than any machine I have used (I haven't changed the settings on the CTX, but I am sure that it can be programmed as well).

When I first had a Deus (December 2013), I used full-tones, and now I think I will go back to using that setting.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In full tones,once your brain and ears learn to sort out the different tones,the Deus really gives you a great "picture" of what is under the coil!:thumbsup:

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to try full tones and see if I can catch on. I have the program ready, but I haven't used it yet. I keep seeing people post good things, so I might try it this weekend. Any tips?

OP
OP
N

nalgene77

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skunked yesterday!

Six hours of hunting today. Costume jewelry and the lock came from an old vacant lot. Then detected the river gravel where the paddle-wheeler's would tie up, might be an employee button based on the anchor. My first fishy, mercury dime, and 5 cent coin. Interesting winged Canada pin.

Everything still sounds very similar to me with the Deus, but I'm starting to notice subtle differences in the full tones. :icon_thumleft: IMG_1405.JPG IMG_1406.JPG IMG_1411.JPG IMG_1408.JPG

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm trying the full-tones program from Gary (Gary's Detecting). Yesterday, I got out for about an hour - which isnt much, but the best I could do. I found an aluminum tag with the name of a family member who have owned the farm for over 110 years. My wife is an avid genealogist, and looked it up. Sure enough, now I know exactly whom to give that tag. Its the wife of one of my former work-mates. He married into the family, and his wife is great-granddaughter of the guy on the tag.

Anyhow! Learning that full-tones. It was a really trashy area around a carriage shed, and there were a lot of lower and mid tones. I'll go back when I can break loose and play around with the lower tones again, not just the high ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread