Tesoro Tejon,
White's VX3,
White's TRX,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
XP Deus, XP Deus 2, XP MI-6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picking up a Deus WS5 tomorrow and will be going out to my local secret spot on Friday/Sat with it. This spot is not very trashy, and has yielded many CW mini-balls, 3 ringers and even a plate using my older White's detectors. In truth most of the places I go are pretty clean, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers for starting out with the Deus. Run full tones? sensitivity? disc? favorite programs?
Thanks in advance for any help, and happy hunting!

Dave

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start by turning it on... just kidding. Basic 1 is good. Be sure to ground balance. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I started with Basic1... it works well, and is a good starting point. I started with three tone... more tones sounded busy to me, but that IS the way to go. Try four or five tones at least... and full tones is really the way to go. IMO, you should start slow, and built upon the basics.

If there is not much trash, and you want more depth, lower reactivity and discrimination a little bit. Tracking GB works well in sites that are not trashy.

Hopefully you have a test garden. Small adjustments can make big differences on the targets. It can be helpful to practice on a known target, just to see how the adjustments effect the machine's response.

You seem to have had a few machines, this should not be that bad a transition... and just wait, the machine weighs next to nothing and it wireless... you are going to like this machine! Best of luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread