Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody have one of these AA battery powered emergency chargers for the Deus, and do you use it often? I have never run my Deus to the point of going completely dead, but I don't want to worry on my long hunts when I go to jolly old England next year.

In my experience the coil drains a little faster than the remote and phones. Has anybody ever been detecting and gone dead?

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the charger but have yet to try it. If nobody responds I'll try it this weekend
At let you know what I think .(wow England sounds awesome )

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, ran the coil out quite a few times!! Lol
You are going along, and for some reason the deus is not poping and grunting like usual.
I look down and the coil sign is flashing! !! Lol.
I have one also, never used it but I know from others on here it works. Gives you a few more hours in.
No worries J.
When were over there. We can keep are TX power on 2. We should be able to hunt all day..haha.
Plus im bringing all 3 coils so we can just switch coils.
And maybe the new coil will be out by then????

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I did run out of power once. Thought I had enough of a charge left from the previous hunt. But I decided to hunt in 4 kHz and with that default TX of 3, it drained quicker than I expected. So I did go out and get the emergency charger. Haven't used it yet because I learned my lesson with the 4 kHz and will make sure the coil is fully charged before I go out.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the charger but have yet to try it. If nobody responds I'll try it this weekend
At let you know what I think .(wow England sounds awesome )

Thanks, if you do try it let me know! :)

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino and Jeff H-- I'm going to get the manual out and get more familiar with the TX power thing.

You're bringing three coils George? That's great, you can change as needed. I only have the stock coil which I think is fine, but the larger one would be nice for depth. Hmm...

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only used mine at home when I wanted to charge the extra coil that I had while the other coil, remote and module were on the wall charger. It seems to work just fine. I also have a Energizer AA charger that has the same connector that will work just as well or better.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino and Jeff H-- I'm going to get the manual out and get more familiar with the TX power thing.

You're bringing three coils George? That's great, you can change as needed. I only have the stock coil which I think is fine, but the larger one would be nice for depth. Hmm...

The TX power is the power that the detector puts out. So at tx 3 it drains the battery fast. In alot of iron you want to lower it.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The TX power is the power that the detector puts out. So at tx 3 it drains the battery fast. In alot of iron you want to lower it.
Ok, so in the vast open fields in England there are more areas that have sparse signals so the coil doesn't have to work so much. Then, if you find a hotspot you can increase the TX to work through the iron? Is that right?

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, the opposite. If you are in a area infested with iron, you want to lower the TX, because to much strength will cause the signal to bounce back. Lower TX is able to go through the iron.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I get it now. Still learning the Deus obviously, and this new info will surely help. It's been pouring rain like crazy (140 golfers got rained out of day 2 of the big tournament today). BUT it's great because I can go dig tomorrow! I will adjust the TX accordingly.

Thanks!

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306