Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry sand doesn't matter, I'm talking bone dry sand, GB tracking worked fine for me and any program worked as well when I was there in July.

Wet sand, where the waves were breaking, I ran the Wet Beach program, GB set at "beach on" and I manually set it to 13 and started detecting.....it's unstable and if you bump the sand or even touch the water it's going to false for sure, that being said the first target I dug was a junk ring that rang through loud and clear, you will get use to the falsing and be able to tell the difference between a false and a target pretty quickly.

If it's so unstable and sound like EMI, keep messing with the GB number.

Last edited:

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in Ocean City, Md and had similar problems but was able to barely get the Deus stable by jacking up the silencer to 3. Not sure if thats costing me fine gold or not.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a tad better at about $1.70 and a junk ring in 2 hours, but again that was in the surf line, get the coil over a gold ring it will find it, at 8 inches probably not....

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was on the faithful steward wreck looking for colonial stuff. just those 2 new coins. Headed to Ocean City with the wife tomorrow. Only 5 minutes from home. Maybe we'll do better than 11 cents. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread