xp deus vs minelab safari

bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i had a safari and trade up to get a deus. the safari was slow, and i used it with a little sunray sniper coil most the time. i never found anything really deep with the safari...about 7 inches max. i always felt it was too slow and i was missing things with it. i also felt it was not the machine for finding gold. Never found any of that either. I should have bought the etrac. The Deus seems really deep. I have a quarter at 9 inches in my backyard and the safari, mxt, at pro and tejon could not find it. After setting up the Deus to search deep, it found the quarter like instantly. i used all those other machines and none of them ever made a peep. i did find some nice gold rush era relics with the safari though. I found a Chinese coin with the Safari. I wanted one machine for all my needs and i chose the Deus. I got tired of havin one that sat in a corner all the time. I wanted one that was more for gold and was fast...i didnt like a slow machine, and the Safari is slow. waiting for the safari to retune was no fun. the Deus is fast and you hear everythying in the ground if you want. I felt like i was missing things with the Safari while it nulled all the time. Im not super pro detector man or anything, just a novice who enjoys it, so if any are offended by this post, dont throw your back talk at me...this is just my own experience and interpretation.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
minelab safari or xp deus؟؟
Which was great depth Sense?

These to machines cant be more different. Deep and slow recovery to lightweight and stupid fast recovery. The Minelab Safari has the multifrequncy thing going for it though. Both can be very deep if set up right.

Feel free to call me with specific questions on either.

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Safari is a beast to learn, yes it's slow but I have cleaned out parks in my town and found many good things that hundreds of metal detectorist have missed. Going slow is the key. Do I wish to have a Deus? Heck YES but $2500 is a little to hard spend... But there's always hope....

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Safari is a beast to learn, yes it's slow but I have cleaned out parks in my town and found many good things that hundreds of metal detectorist have missed. Going slow is the key. Do I wish to have a Deus? Heck YES but $2500 is a little to hard spend... But there's always hope....

2500???
You can a Deus for 1300.

Kopatych

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2016
Lviv
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP GMaxx2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus lighter, faster and more versatile. No cable ;)

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Safari & Deus are not comparable in term of performance. For land use, you can compare CTX and DEUS..... and DEUS is so much powerful and fast! The only place where CTX has the advantage is in saltwater for the moment....til next DEUS v.4.0

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still haven't taken the water plunge with my deus I probably will this summer

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I still haven't taken the water plunge with my deus I probably will this summer

Wait the DEUS 4.0 version + coil to enjoy a waterproof machine....

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Be patient.... can't reveal anything yet, but will shortly review and test it. Underwater detection (scuba) is my speciality :tongue3:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In the USA it's PADI = $cash & upsales machine.

The certification is good don't worry but need so much lessons and addons for everything... should be around $700/1000 to have a descent level. For a complete scuba equipment, $1000 seems to be a good budget for fins, wet suit, regulator, BC, mask, gloves, socks and diving computer.

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just so happens im a certified open water diver bud.got into it all for about 4000

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I have talked about it for awhile now I think this will be the summer

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scotter a company I work for just landed a job your way they called me yesterday I may be out there in like 3 weeks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread