XP just updated the starter pack and lowered the price... :)

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All - this is just in this afternoon.... XP has slightly revised the starter bundle, and have lowered the price on it too.

Now included with any starter bundle:

• Your choice of the XP Deus 9" or 11" Wireless coil
  • WS4 Wireless headphones
  • WS4 stem mount - so you can mount the WS4 wireless module right on the detector handle where the remote would usually mount
  • FX-02 Wired headphones
  • Deus shaft hardware

With this combination of hardware, you could mount the WS4 module where you can see it and use it for target ID. In doing so you would use the wired headphones for audio.

And the price drop... now only $799.00. :)

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will the lack of the Deus remote handicap the depth and speed of this detector?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the product clear-out before releasing the V4?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this the product clear-out before releasing the V4?

I thought the current versions were firmware upgradable to version 4 and they were just coming out with a new coil that would only work on v4 or above.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. Andy S has said the new V4 will be a major improvement, which sounded to me like more than just a few program tweeks. I'm waiting for the V4 release before I decide if I want to buy one.

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toasted - you don't have all of the adjustments available with only the WS4 headphones that you would have with the remote. Depending on the situation, this could effect your depth. The key word is could... each situation is different.

As for a clearance before version 4... no, I don't think this is the case with this change. They just wanted to make a more user friendly version of the starter bundle. By having this configuration, the price is low for those who can't afford the full package with a remote - but you still get the chance to experience many of the features to be found in a Deus. :)

And I am NOT the authority on the version 4 software release, but what I heard was it has been delayed a little bit. How much of a delay? I'm not sure... others will have better knowledge of that than me.

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought an F70 with 2 coils - still patiently awaiting the coveted V4 with new coil and wireless PP :tongue3:

Getting tuned into the F70 is taking a little time, but so far I like how it processes things - when I got the Deus v3.2 back in late 2013 XP had just come out with Full Tones which was included in the update. Never looked back after that tone-wise! Had to sell a few months ago to help with moving expenses...can't wait to get back into the wireless setup!

This F70 has "Delta Pitch" which is close to Full Tones, and it really helps in trashy spots IDing a target without looking at the screen (how I started with the Deus). ON a cross-scan you listen for similar pitches, which helps determine good targets vs random trash.

And maybe when my daughters get older, I'll have V4 and one of them could use the F70 so it's a win-win! :hello2:

Last edited:

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with Jason here. I'm hoping for some good updates so they can take my money. As with most computers, as software gets better the hardware has to catch up and sometimes cant. I would love to go buy a deus today but if it's hardware wont be able to update all the way then I'll just wait, and hope my wait wasn't in vain.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Jason here. I'm hoping for some good updates so they can take my money. As with most computers, as software gets better the hardware has to catch up and sometimes cant. I would love to go buy a deus today but if it's hardware wont be able to update all the way then I'll just wait, and hope my wait wasn't in vain.

I've heard the update will primarily effect the new 4 inch coil coming out but it seems to me you wouldn't want to hunt only with a 4 so you will still be buying one of the existing coils (just trying to save you from waiting in vain)

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hadn't heard of a 4" coil yet. That's new news to me. I'm kind of getting the same type of answers though, that there will be no new coil that runs multiple frequencies simultaneously. Just a new coil with higher frequencies for gold hunters, and a software update, and a pinpointer.

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to give it another month or two (till the ground thaws), then pull the trigger on the 11" setup if no updates are out yet. Hopefully I wont regret it :)

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to give it another month or two (till the ground thaws), then pull the trigger on the 11" setup if no updates are out yet. Hopefully I wont regret it :)

The 11" coil is truly amazing in the dense trash, you won't be disappointed. And if V4 is an upgrade over what it can already do - what a treat we are all in for!

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thats what holds me back. If the V4 comes out and I can't fully use the update because I have an older model I will regret not waiting. Wont be able to sell it cuz who would want the older model unless I sell it for cheap and lose a ton of money. And every update after this one will just put me further behind the technology advantage. Guess its a waiting game. I just know if there is going to be a change in hardware, we wont know about it until its released. They would never sell another one until it is released and then have all this old stock left and they'd have to sell it for a lot less.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it will be a software update to existing detectors I'm sure the factory would be glad to confirm that if you call them. Companies are quick to give out positive information. From what I understand it is just that, update your existing deus with a downloadable firmware update and buy the new coil to compliment it but I can not confirm 100%.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then why do you need to buy anew coil if its just a firmware upgrade? That doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What we are told is this... the new coil has been delayed a bit. Not sure when it will come, but the release is not imminent. :sadsmiley:

And - the coil will not transmit multiple frequencies simultaneously. It will have several new frequencies available... they will all be higher than what's available now.

Finally - the current detector remote will be upgradable to the v 4.0 immediately upon release.... but we are told you will need to have the new coil to take advantage of all of its new features. The current coil will NOT be obsolete - just will not have 100% of the features available in 4.0. What that exactly means is to be determined...

Hope that helps!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
The Deus was a great deal when it was $1700, this price for an updated version is insane. I might need to buy a second one!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Deus was a great deal when it was $1700, this price for an updated version is insane. I might need to buy a second one!

It's not a new updated version hardware wise they will be selling. The old detectors will be exactly the same with a firmware update. It's just a new accessory (4" coil) that you can buy separately to use with the new firmware. That's the beauty of a firmware upgradable machine.

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not a new updated version hardware wise they will be selling. The old detectors will be exactly the same with a firmware update. It's just a new accessory (4" coil) that you can buy separately to use with the new firmware. That's the beauty of a firmware upgradable machine.

I've seen a 4.7x9.5 or something like that, sized coil. is this 4" coil you speak of the same coil? or a little 4" diameter coil?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread