Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As funny as it may first sound, I use a harness for all my detectors...including the Deus! Although certainly not needed for the weight, I can let go of the detector to do other things and it doesn't have to sit on the ground, in the dirt or on the sand. Just a personal preference from my foxhole. :laughing7:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harness can come in handy even for light detectors, but the minelab harness (which I do use for my 8lb Garrett ATX) seems like overkill because you would actually have to fight AGAINST the bungee just to keep the coil to the ground since the bungee is designed for much heavier detectors (after running the minelab harness with the behemoth ATX, i just have this vision of the Deus flying up and smashing me in the face when I let go of it with the minelab harness bungee - not likely but thats what I envision, nevertheless). Also, I just like the unencumbered freedom of a fully wireless coil and headphones and attaching a bungee to the Deus shaft just kind of makes me personally feel like I am taking a step backward. I get what ColDan is saying because I use harnesses for other detectors lighter than the ATX, but I can easily make the Deus stand on its own because of its light weight, especially in beach situations, so I don't typically have to lie it in the sand. Just my personal preference. But to answer the original question, yeah I think you can make it work with the minelab harness, it just doesn't seem like it is worth the trip. If I were going to go with a harness with the Deus to gain the advantages cited by ColonolDan, I would look at some of the less heavy duty (and correspondingly less expensive) solutions out there, though one advantage of the minelab setup is you can attach accessories to it like your digger and pinpointer using the d-rings and velcro doodads that come with it . But their are other lightweight "belted" harnesses out there that provide that capability too. That being said, I am now curious enough to see what it would be like to attach Deus to the minlab - lol.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the Detecting Buddy

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the detector pro detecting buddy with my at pro with a nel tornado coil worked nice will make neck a little sore till you get used to it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the detector pro detecting buddy with my at pro with a nel tornado coil worked nice will make neck a little sore till you get used to it.

Yea I prefer it with a hoodie & place it under the hood,
but as You said.. you get used to it.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Although I have one, I've never used the Pro Swing. Instead, I use a hydra pack with the Minelab Pro Swing bungee attached to it on all my detectors. Living in Florida quickly teaches one the importance of staying hydrated!!!

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you.

I use a Limbsaver sling for the V3i, but it's not going to work with the ATP, or Deus. Looking at alternatives.

Like ColonelDan, I don't like letting detectors rest in the mud.

I usually stand it up, like you mentioned, but I about killed my Deus the other day when I did that.
Kneeling to recover a target, Deus standing to my 8 o'clock, wind blows it over and the cuff hits me behind the ear. What th...thinking it was punk time; l almost stabbed that sucker!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread