Gave the Goodjuju Program Another Go Today...

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the park again today using the 4kHz "GOODJUJU" program and spent a couple hours trying to find a few keepers....it seems that deep aluminum is still a nuisance since it's the majority of what I pulled up today...but sometimes it's just one coin that makes all the digging and aching the next day so worth it!

Started in the same area today but eventually ended up in my original area of hunting when I first visited here. After almost an hour of not getting any good signals, I decided to lower Silencer to 1 and upped Sens to 80. Seconds after I made that adjustment I got a tiny squeak of a signal. It was persistent and sounded the same on a cross scan. There was just a speck of black on the right hand side of the horseshoe...something about this signal stood out from the rest. At a full 9" deep I saw the edge of a silver dime (length of the Carrot) and was very careful with it - a stunning 1904 Barber Dime with very sharp details! Found one more older Wheat on the way to the car.

I can't honestly see the program getting deeper than 9-10" on penny/dime size targets - today's hit was good luck for sure, but I remember the audio being "strained" on that target. It didn't break up or get choppy, and it held the same pitch - aluminum seemingly "wanders" when you're scanning it, and deep iron targets pinpoint off to one side usually....I'm hoping v4.0 helps with this, but I'm not complaining really - v3.2 is extremely capable!

Starting yesterday I've had a likely stomach bug so I'm dealing with fever, chills, etc and not able to hold down much food. Everything felt foggy and distant today, but am super stoked to pull that dime! Besides, if I'm going to be under the weather, what better thing to do than look for coins/jewelry! :happysmiley:

May need to give it a break for a couple days....

SAM_2582.JPG SAM_2583.JPG SAM_2584.JPG SAM_2585.JPG SAM_2581.JPG

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds today. I will try your Goodjuju program once I have some experience under my belt. My deus arrives tomorrow, and I can't wait to get out with it...

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Good work on sniffing out that NICE barber....and thanks for the technical details when it comes to your settings and observations. Always good reading.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're wearing those old coins out! Big Congrats!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful condition BD like it was dropped the day it was minted.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super Dime! Congrats and thanks for sharing your thoughts on the program

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread