Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hunting partner has a had rough go of it lately with the bees last week he got into the bald face hornets the ones with the big grey cone nest and they tore him up. Well today we were trying to open up a new site and he got a signal and low and behold there was a yellow jacket nest where the target was he said he saw bees flying out the hole but it was to late by then they blasted him. Both times we had to fish his detector away from the bees with a long stick. BTW I found a thimble and he found 2 buttons. Then we almost got into another nest the one the tree picture. He said the hornets were way worse than the yellow jackets. The hornets also got to keep a 60.00 lesh shovel well at least till the cold weather arrives he marked the spot on his gps. I might get the nest when we go back in the winter. DSCN1062.JPG DSCN1063.JPG DSCN1064.JPG DSCN1065.JPG DSCN1066.JPG

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
YIKES!!!
I hate it when that happens.
When I stuck my shovel into a ground hornet nest I don't' think it had hit the ground before I was 100 yards away... LOL
Glad you survived...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough luck. But that's why God made beaches for summertime hunting lol (though they are not without their own kind of hazards, too)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread